No announcement yet.

Guerilla?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fraxis Said (no, i dont remember where but i beleive it was in more than 1 preveiw as well) that when you capture a city pro-former goverment nationalists spring up in the city and do things to piss you off (dont work, revolt, weaken your units defence), that DEFINETLY will slow expansion. i can see it now, loosing wars just becouse that one city wouldn't shut up. that is gona rock!
    "Nuke em all, let god sort it out!"

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral PJ

I don't see guerrilas as particularly good at living off the land?
      thats more a special forces trick maybe.
      ya, i guess people who lived in a city all there life wouldn't know how to live off the land THEY GREW UP ON!

special forces dont know that a certain area of that particular woods has berry bushes, they dont know that a particular area has drinkable water, and they dont know how to hide in certain places to get the maximum effect of surprise. In WW2 Ukranian Nationalists fought both the germans AND the russians, partisan warfare is a big reason that Barbarossa caused 26,000,000 deaths, the partisans would kill the peasents that stayed nuetral, then the Germans and the Russians would kill the other peasents for "treason" thinking they were the partisans. This was all becouse the peasents in Ukrain, and nations around that area, were so nationalistic that they were willing to die for freadom, they lived off the land and the small villages in the area for a few YEARS, and you tell me that patisans in the game shouldn't be able to live off the land? The SS were "Special Forces" and they didn't "live off the land", infact that was one of the reasons that barbarossa failed, they needed supplies so badly and the partisans would raid supply trucks to slow them down. this pised the germans off so bad that they salted the feilds and ransacked the towns, somtimes doining things like putting the villagers in a church, locking it, and setting it ablaze. Dwight D. Eisenhower flew from Berlin to Moscow and said that he couldn't see 1 building standing...
      "Nuke em all, let god sort it out!"

Comment

I can see it coming already. There will be lots of trouble for people who want to truly 'expand' their empire through conquest.

On the other hand, people who are just interested in subjecting the enemy and leaving their former cities to rot and produce some cheap units will have a blast.

Tough choice!

Comment

Working...
        X