-Ancient
    -Medieval (china/japan/europe)
    -Renaissance
    -Age of Discovery
    -Voyage of Magellan (surefire hit!)
    -Age of Colonization
    -Modern Era
    -Futuristic

Within each bullet there are innumbrable ideas for scenarios. With the exception of poor Magellan
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I hope that the create-your-own-units part is easy to learn

Comment

I would hope there is in easy way to convert existing civ2 scenarios with minimal adjustments. Then the next step would be to go through those and find ones where the new features add the most to gameplay - think clearly it is in the scenario world where civ attributes can actually add benefits. Culture and trade could also be very interesting for some.

If no easy way to convert than it will be a matter of creating new scenarios from scratch, using concepts (in some cases) from existing scenarios.

Much depends on the nature of scenario tools, events and triggers,etc.

I must say that at the moment the uncertainty has impacted my own scenario projects. I have never developed a scenario, and was about to start. At this point it doesnt seem to make sense to learn with the possibility of major changes. Instead i am writing a tech description file for an exisiting scen. that would be readily transferable to civ3, and the historic research skills are generalizeable.

LOTM
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

There's already an extensive thread on this subject at:

We'd love input on any of the scenarios posted there including one proposed by a Fireaxian. Tell us what you think...

Comment

I’ve made several personal scenarios in civ2, I intend to re-create them in civ3 and maybe release it for a wider public.
            The problem is that I won’t have a library of suitable art at hand in the beginning so I hope the more advanced graphics won’t deter many people from creating new art.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Every some months the same question emerge from the dark, deep sea of our missing info about Civ III

Then, just in case someone missed it and really need to know, repost an old classic of mine: The Mostly Pacific Scenario list.

Once again, I post here my humble suggestion I already wrote on the CTP II forum about the same subject; I left some reference about CTP II proposal, just for history (new name of lazyness ).

I see almost every proposed scenario focused on war. While I agree that fighting (in games) can be very fun, I think that limiting CIV III as a wargame is not making great use of its engine.

I support ideas as Cold War, Napoleon, or after Nuclear exchange Fallout-like, still I would like to see some scenario where war is not the main backbone.

Just to suggest some themes:

1) run to the Moon (discover the needed tech on appropriate tech tree, with or without other countries help, and having enough production points for enough time).
              It could be a variant of the Build the starship to Alpha Centauri, but starting right in modern era (after WWII).

2) italian renaissance (some little states deeply involved in trade, diplomatic move and limited fights, while arts and sciences grow to industrialization)

3) age of explorations (some limited and dedicated exporer units must survey - and survive to native encounter - every square of the globe)

4) save the earth (quickly solve a scenario where production is growth so high that pollution is almost out of control. Tune down production, improve eco-enhancement, clean up polluted area and save the world from global warming, trading and treating with less developed country to join your efforts). Added difficult: manage a (insert your opinion as adjective here) USA leader that don't care of world pollution as if he'll live on Mars ten years from today

5) world peacekeeping (stop every war using diplomacy, money or - as a last resource - your U.N. peacekeeping forces - in a defined turn limit, with the limit to free back every city you conquer in a few turns - you can't conquer the world just to force the peace)

May be my suggestion are a bit crazy and have some limits to be implemented in an interesting way, but I would like to suggest a different point of view about common (war) scenario approach.
              "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
              - Admiral Naismith

Comment

4 and 5 sound fairly good
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Mostly Pacific Scenarios my ass. We all know what Civ is intended for. WAR! If the people want war, give them war, not some crappy "renaissance."

WAR!

WAR!

WAR!
                  Retired, and it feels so good!

Comment

Don't "sugar coat" it Isaac Brock - What are you really trying to say?
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I'd like to see...

some scenario's based on the improved trade system, like the colonization of the new world

Comment

Just because you do this doesn't make it a good call

P.S. The gloves are off

Comment

Originally posted by isaac brock
                          Just because you do this doesn't make it a good call
                          of course your entitled to your own opinion, even if its the wrong one.

Comment

Aw come on Isaac, I'm sorry if I've insulted you... that was not my intention. I'm only human, and I couldn't resist ruffling your fur a bit - we're ALL on the same side here, hopeing that CIV3 will be one of the greatest of all time stategy games...but you ARE right though, we all (to a certain extent) have our own hopes and fears about the final product. Still friends? or at least fellow forum members?
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Hey, It looks like homosexual anti-semitic slave-owning child molestors are quite welcome to their own opinion too.

Comment

Working...
                              X