• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleopatra was Greek!
    "Oderint dum probent"

Comment

Originally posted by isaac brock

what i don't like is that the terrain looks flat. I don't care if a few ADD crack children on sugar highs got confused by SMAC's terrain. I want some friggin bumpy terrain
      i am with isaac on this one. i loved the terrain bumpiness on SMAC and would love to see it again in Civ 3. maybe there is an option to turn it on and off?
      "The Bible is the greatest sales pitch in history" -Me

"I regret nothing and apologize for less." -My motto

Comment

how is that exploitation? seems reasonable to me.

And I like the flatter terrain with intense hills/mountains action better. It seems we've sen very few hills in any screenshot however, so I think the overall finished look will be less flat that what we've seen so far.

Comment

Spaceship looks nifty. Planetary Party Louge? We better not get a message like this:

Modules: Online
          Components: Online
          Structual: Lounge Needs Paint
          Success: 39%
          I wonder where it's going. It is obviously not the size of the Unity, judging by the cockpit windows. Might be Mars...
          "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
          "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
          "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

WARNING: The Planetary Party Lounge is low on pretzels, bacardi and alcopops. Restock now to prevent warp core breach.

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I can see the shades of sea blue being exploited. Triremes might know whether to push out that last square into the unknown or to turn back home. Perhaps they know the color/depth by seeing how much rope goes overboard when they drop anchor.

Comment

Planetary Party Lounge module built in Veii. Choose a theme:
                Disco Fever
                French Court Debauchery
                Biker Bar
                Techno Chic

"Our people grow jealous of your wicked Party Lounge. Reduce your cover charge or face the consequences!"

"Warning, the Planetary Party Lounge is running desperately low on chex mix."

"Mini-bar runs dry. Astronauts revolt!"

Comment

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The palace looks like ..... ???

At first I thought it was from Thailand, when I looked closer I could see gothic characteristics, then I saw greco-roman features and even modern day stylisation.

Well, it really is a fascinating mix of everything.

And it looks as if were going back to the CIV-I palace !!

Comment

I'm glad to see that Firaxis included the vital part of the spaceship; the Planetary Party Lounge! While all the lame people will be chilling with liquid nitrogen in the stasis chamber the truly hip will be mixing it up in style! With this premise you got two factions already for SMAC II; the partiers and the squares.

Comment

Originally posted by Pseud0nym
                        I'm glad to see that Firaxis included the vital part of the spaceship; the Planetary Party Lounge! While all the lame people will be chilling with liquid nitrogen in the stasis chamber the truly hip will be mixing it up in style! With this premise you got two factions already for SMAC II; the partiers and the squares.
                        Only in Civ

Comment

Doesn't anybody realize that the Planetary Party Lounge is simply the area of the ship where the colonists would prepare in the landing pods to go down to a new planet? It has nothing to do with parties!!!
                          'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                          G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
                            Doesn't anybody realize that the Planetary Party Lounge is simply the area of the ship where the colonists would prepare in the landing pods to go down to a new planet? It has nothing to do with parties!!!
                            Yeah, whatever... :P

Comment

Working...
                            X