New Civ3 Screenshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Civ3 Screenshots

On Gamespot, as I've alluded to in the news item (above).

Here is the link:

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

One is the spaceship view screen... another a diplomacy screen involving the Egyptians in the Renaissance Age... and the last the Egyptian palace screen.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

i think only the spaceship view is new.. the cleopatra is the old one and the building we already have..

Comment

Looks nice. I'm puzzled by the complete lack of irrigation and mines around those cities though. Are terrain improvements no longer essential steps to victory?
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

I must reckon that the Palace Screen is an amazing piece of art, plus it gives you all the flavor of the ol'good Civilization... Hats off to Firaxis on this one.
        "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
        - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

This does confirm the new design for the new "SS Wang" as seen in the earlier screen shots.
          "Don't know exactly where I am"

Comment

and i told you, only 5 testicles. not 6.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
              Looks nice. I'm puzzled by the complete lack of irrigation and mines around those cities though. Are terrain improvements no longer essential steps to victory?
              They never were. I have won several games on deity in Civ2 without terrain improvements (even without wonders of any kind). Also, remember in some scenarios, there wouldn't be any need for terrain improvements since city growth is not an objective.

Imran, I've keeping our friends at FOFC informed of all of the latest Civ3 stuff. Please stop by sometime.

Comment

Maybe I will... haven't been there in a while.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The spaceship screen looks really cool. Not just the spaceship itself looks much nicer graphically from civ2, but there appears to be more detailed components to build than in civ2. For example it appears that instead of just building an engine module, structure module or colony module ala civ2, we now have more dinstinct modules like a stasis chamber, a planetary party lounge, thrusters, cockpit, docking bay, etc.

Firaxis
                  'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                  G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Clark
                    They never were. I have won several games on deity in Civ2 without terrain improvements (even without wonders of any kind). Also, remember in some scenarios, there wouldn't be any need for terrain improvements since city growth is not an objective.
                    If the AI plays (and cheats) as badly as it does in Civ2 then I will be very disappointed. Surely there is no reason not to irrigate unless you want to increase the challenge because the game cannot offer one if you use all its features?
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

While the last seems to show the Egyptian Palace screen.

Look closer there, bucko! Perhaps all you just noticed were the spinxes, but there is also roman/gothic/asian and seemingly other types of architecture in there as well. Perhaps they put all the parts different kinds of architecture to show off the different kinds? Shall we try and identify all that is in there?
                      -connorkimbro
                      "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Look at the spaceship screen and on the parts of the spaceship. A planetary party lounge eh? I like parties
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

From looking closely at the diplomacy screenshot (and this has nothing to do with diplomacy), in the background I can make out 4 different levels of sea depth - that's pretty cool. Close to shore it really light blue, then a bit further out you've got normal light blue, then a bit darker, and finally there's seems to be some rather dark blue water.....I'm happy to see Firaxis got this one worked out!!

Maybe we shouldn't have worried about all those alpha shots so much afterall!
                          If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

yea, it would be cool if subs lost their stealth ability in the "shallow" areas, or if trimeres would only be lost in the deeper tiles.
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

the planetary party lounge is sweet.

what i don't like is that the terrain looks flat. I don't care if a few ADD crack children on sugar highs got confused by SMAC's terrain. I want some friggin bumpy terrain
                              Retired, and it feels so good!

Comment

Working...
                              X