Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ3 Release Date! October 16!

Well, thats what Gamestop says anyway. :ccol:

Do they know something Firaxis isn't telling us, or are they just guessing?

Check it out:

btw, does anybody know what the deluxe game gives you, other than, apparently, a Civ3 cookie tin?
    Best MMORPG on the net: www.cyberdunk.com?ref=310845

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. -Gandhi

yep...

Comment

all the game-selling companies say mid october. they're probably right.

firaxis wont say when, because god forbid they find a horrible flaw, they might push it back. :knocks on wood:

they dont want an apolyton mob on their doorstep.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Please oh please

If they've just hit beta, let's hope they have hammered out most of their defects already and are mainly adjusting balance and subtle AI changes.

Two months is a short amount of time to do major overhauls. Plus they have to have the CD to the publisher well in advance.

Heres to hoping for an on-track release!

Comment

::awaits the "civ3 has gone gold" anouncement::
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

hey, the limited edition is great. not only does it have that sweet-ass cookie tin but it comes with the official strategy guide, a making of civ 3 cd, and a 15 dollars higher price tag.

they're trying to make you feel less hardcore if you only buy the regular game.
            Retired, and it feels so good!

Comment

Originally posted by isaac brock

that is so true
              "The Bible is the greatest sales pitch in history" -Me

"I regret nothing and apologize for less." -My motto

Comment

A making of civ3 CD??? WTF?!
                The mind reels at what might be in that documentary . . .
                Might have to check that out.

Comment

Is there any particular reason for your whining about that?

Judging from your stance, you will not fall for the 'marketing ploy', so why the heated message?

Comment

But I do fall for that kind of sh!t!

I love fluff like that. So I will certainly want the Limited Edition!

But heck, if you don't want to do that, there is no one who will blame you....
                    Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
                    If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
                    "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

The combination of the cookie tin and the Oct. 16 release date proved to much for me. Chips and bits just got my pre-order for the LE. I can already taste the hard silver cookies - mmmmm.
                      What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

but it comes with the official strategy guide,
                        And what strategy game that has shipped at the same time as a game release has been worth buying?

For the manual to be included in the game they would have to have the thing written by now so they can edit the work. That means the player has probably had little experience on this game and is just making general strategy hints that probably can be found in the manual.
                        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

hey, the limited edition is great. not only does it have that sweet-ass cookie tin but it comes with the official strategy guide, a making of civ 3 cd, and a 15 dollars higher price tag.
                          Don't forget you also get a manual in your cookie tin.

no word yet as to whether us bare bones 45$ games get a manual or just a reference card on PDF.
                          Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                          ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

I hope that the international release happens on October 16th too - else I'll have to get it via my US-dwelling cousins or pick a leaves-in-a-hour flight to New York...
                            Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

I asked this in another thread, but does anyone know if the Special Edition is going to be released in the UK?
                              A fact, spinning alone through infospace. Without help, it could be lost forever, because only THIS can turn it into a News.

Comment

Working...
                              X