it's Official: CIV3 IS NOW IN BETA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martinus

Actually Dan said several times they are going to feature civs of the week AFTER the release date, so we knew it already it is going to be before 27 October
    I don't understand why so many people have attempted to link the two. What does a webpage's updates have to do with a release date? Let's assume for argument that they were. What would be the purpose to coincide the final civ of the week with the release date anyway? To increase sales because the final civ was posted which only a fractional minority of potential buyers will see?

Comment

yippie

Yippie!

Very good news to hear.

I would like to see some art in new screenshots, and a demo is also on my wishlist. But if it comes in October, good. Perhaps I'll take a week off to start playing, when should I play this extra holiday?

Comment

Originally posted by Pembleton

I don't understand why so many people have attempted to link the two. What does a webpage's updates have to do with a release date? Let's assume for argument that they were. What would be the purpose to coincide the final civ of the week with the release date anyway? To increase sales because the final civ was posted which only a fractional minority of potential buyers will see?
        Exactly. I mean while we follow every move of Firaxis now, we are freaks, not the norm
        Most buyers will start visit the website once the game hits the shelves. And it is mostly for them - after all how many of you won't buy Civ 3 before seeing exact stats of F-15?
        The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
        - Frank Herbert

Comment

Demo Demo Demo Im getting Dizzy!

Comment

*starts to dance a wild twist in the living room*

Aaaaleeeluuujaaaa! Hurrrrrraaaaaayyyyyy! Yubiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Nuf' said (or screamed )

FIRAXIS KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

*hoping his nor exaggurating (sp?)*

Seriously though, I hope thay can keep up with their reputation.
            My Website: www.geocities.com/civcivciv2002/index.html
            My Forums: http://pub92.ezboard.com/bacivcommunity

Comment

I am definitely excited with anticipation.

The more I read at Civ3.com about the features the game has, the more and more excited I get about how wonderful a game it really is going to be.

I have no doubt that Civ III will be the TBS game to have for a long time to come. I also have no doubt that its replayability, and thus its longevity, will be incredible.

I have not had this much anticipation for a game in a long time.

Comment

Now let's just hope that Civ3 is not another CTP...
                "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Oh please Different company, different publisher, different everything. Firaxis is doing this thing right every step of the way, from what i've seen, and this is definately my most anticipated game of all time.
                  -connorkimbro
                  "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Im glad they are completing the game before release, they could have gone along the path of Anarchy Online, though I dont think they would dare due to the risk of someone on this forum going mad and declaring a holy war against Firaxis.
                    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

This is certainly the place you would find someone to go postal.

I know I would.
                      "Don't know exactly where I am"

Comment

its not a beta we ca sign up for?

how dissapointing..

Comment

*starts saving to get a decent computer*
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Can we finally see some modern day screenshots now please? You know, with railways and modern units?
                            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                            H.Poincaré

Comment

This is good news.

To bad I have to wait until december to buy it, or else I fear I will fail my exams
                              We are the apt, you will be packaged.

Comment

yea. this is an evil ploy by friaxis for me to mess up my PSATS.

i wont be able to get heavily into civ3 until december, after iv'e submitted all my grades/crap to MIT.
                                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                                X