Landmarks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landmarks?

In SMAC, there were landmarks to designate mountains, valleys or whatever significant geographic feature. Has there been any mention of that for Civ3?
    Question Authority.......with mime...

I remember that the list had a mention of naming the geographical features you discover, if thats what you mean. I'm not sure if firaxis is implimenting it, however.
    "He who lacks the romanticsm to believe that love triumphs any corporal happiness has sold his soul, whether for it he recieved an entire kingdom or a single silver coin."
    -Soren Kierkegaard, Fear and Trembling

Comment

On the earth map maybe as an option, otherwise, no thanks.
      It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Yeah, please give us that, I haven't seen such thing since Conquest of the new World, and I really miss it
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

La la
          Cheese eating surrender monkees - Chris 62

BlackStone supporting our troops

Comment

d/p sorry
            (+1)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStone
              La la
              what's with all the la la's ?
              (+1)

Comment

Current belief is that someone stole BlackStone's login... He received a 50% PCR and ban

Landmarks- good idea, especially for scenarios... Type in a name of a place over that place... Very good idea
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

i think that landmarks would be alright for the world map that comes with the game but they would not work with random maps and such. it should also be an option to include landmarks in maps you make yourself.

and the maps should not be flat!
                  "The Bible is the greatest sales pitch in history" -Me

"I regret nothing and apologize for less." -My motto

Comment

In SMAC/X it wasn't just about naming different parts of the map, some of the areas had special qualities ie Freshwater Sea each square produced an extra food. I would like to see that kind of thing in CIV3.
                    'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Originally posted by Gasmaske
                      I cant figure it out either?
                      Last edited by Ralf; August 26, 2001, 02:42.

Comment

Don't worry, he is just a dirty little spammer; he seems to have done it to every thread in apolyton. Talking about not having anything better to do with his time...
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

In SMAC/X it wasn't just about naming different parts of the map, some of the areas had special qualities ie Freshwater Sea each square produced an extra food. I would like to see that kind of thing in CIV3.
                          I have read that the editing tools are gonna be "mod maker friendly", but I have not heard mention of this landmark feature, nor seen a screenshot with a landmark. Some have said most of SMAC/X would make it into Civ3, so lets just hope this is one of those included features. It would be a huge boon to scenarios where regions of land are essential but aren't actual cities, such as the West Bank or a DMZ. And if you could reference the area with triggers or events in a scenario "Events.txt" file, that would be that much better..... but now I am wandering into that "Civ4 Wishlist" area...sorry....
                          Question Authority.......with mime...

Comment

Originally posted by Gasmaske

I think he is trying to increase his rank from settler.

Comment

Yeah, but he got a 50% PCR and a 1-week ban.

Comment

Working...
                              X