Wen changing construction middle-way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wen changing construction middle-way

We could be able to let a construction in the middle of the construction to do something new. Maybe also make more than one thing at the time. Exemple: you are building Bach's Cathedral. Some army is entering your territory, so you decide to let Bach's Cathedral for making a military unit. But your wounder was almost done, so you continue doing it, puting 60% of your workers on the unit, 40% on the cathedral.
    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

I would like to see a system as follows: Say I'm halfway through building Leo's but my enemy is encroaching on my border. I want another defensive unit or two from the city that's producing Leo's. Couldn't the people of a city focus on training a new unit for a while and when that's done continue working on Leo's? Of course, for this idea to work properly, you would also have to introduce the realistic notion that you can't suddenly change what you have built, i.e. change from an aqueduct to temple and get it right away because of the work that you have completed on the aqueduct. No more building the Oracle until you research Bronze Working and switching it to Colossus before it's done.
    "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
    "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

I like that idea, Jelly. Though I think you shoud be able to still switch to another project, but with very high switching penalties... probably dependent on difficulty, like in civ2. (but it'd apply to any change at all, unlike civ2) It makes sense to be able to scrap a project and use some of the remains in a new project.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
      X