No announcement yet.

c182# FEAR AND LOATHING IN BACH'S CATHEDRAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like most things that I joke about, it's something that irritates me. While the "wonders" are a nice touch, I can't help feeling that they're effects can be grating.

Changes due in Civ3? I hope so.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

The only wonder that I remember having a real problem with was the pyramids, I just don't get how they could have anything to do with granaries.

I also thought that the statue of liberty, eifel tower, and - to a somwhat lesser extent - hoover damn, where pretty silly 'wonders'.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I think Markos should publish Winston's Secret Diary as a column.
        Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Bugs ***ing Bunny, et al.:

Pretty good stuff!

CYBERAmazon
          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

I "wonder" about this one...

How about this for a wonder?

Tower of Babel - Can only be built by all nations simultaneously when all are in alliance. When finished, this causes Civ3 to suddenly start running all its different language versions at once. The result is immediate confusion to the players and sets them back thousands of game years just when they were about to reach the stars and win. Also, all alliances are instantly broken and wars break out everywhere at once.
            Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
            Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Im surprised you forgot-

The Collosus- provides good economic boost until it expires, at witch point the city its built in riots due to the blatent show of public nudity, and for the rest of the game all other leaders act awkward around you and constantly end conversations saying
              "Why did you make a forty foot nude statue of a man with his legs spread apart? Im not implying anything but you know its kinda... um... never mind"

ps- very funny column
              "Nuke em all, let god sort it out!"

Comment

Originally posted by Eli

One of the best columns I saw.
                true, true

btw, why didn't he add other columns, because a). he didn't want to spoil it by making it too long/repetitive, and b.) because he couldn't think of anything good for the other ones (and btw, neither did yoo )
                hehe

just my $.02
                And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

New Wonder

I am sure that this must have already been mentioned by someone but I think that a great new wonder would be building the Panama Canal. There would aslo have to be a new advance called Cilil Engineering and a new unit called a civil engineer. This wonder would allow any nation who has researched cilvil engineering to use this unit to build bridges over otherwise impassible water spaces (but up to a point). This unit would also be able to build canals whcih would allow otherwise landlocked cities to have a port. It would also allow a Civ to create a strategic passage to allow their navies easier access for attack, defence or trade.

Comment

good column

Comment

That was a good column, Bugs.

If I can think of a hilarious or crazy wonder, I will let you know.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Re: New Wonder

Originally posted by Agamemnon
                        I am sure that this must have already been mentioned by someone but I think that a great new wonder would be building the Panama Canal.
                        Already in the game as a minor wonder. Apparently it and the Great Wall once built can be placed on the map where you want it for reduced movement and greater defense.
                        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Re: Re: New Wonder

Originally posted by tniem

Already in the game as a minor wonder. Apparently it and the Great Wall once built can be placed on the map where you want it for reduced movement and greater defense.
                          cool.
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                          X