Will custom colours be available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will custom colours be available?

I'm just wondering if Civ 3 will allow players to create their own custom colours to be used for things such as borders and flags. Maybe I can supply a sample, say, as a bitmap file?

Yes, yes, my Gaian friend, that is a very fine idea.

Grrreat fun... great fun, indeed...

Comment

Possibly. The screenshots that have been released thus far seem to indicate at least Hi-Color (64 binary thousands of colours), and since each custom colour would need to be shaded accurately (notice each unit is coloured by the Civ's colour), I'd be surprised if such a feature was included.
      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

I don't know if that will be in, but what I'd more like to see (now we're talking about colors) is the ability to choose which color you want to be, instead of the Zulu's always be green and so, or at least make it random for each game. Does anyone know if this will be posible?
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Choosing custom colours can be important if you're colour-blind. Custom colours should not be necessary if games are implemented properly. The resolution of today's equipment should make possible unique emblems for each of several sides, such as national flags with units. At a minimum, a simple, bold design in two colours should be easy to implement.
          None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Diva,

That's an interesting idea. The ability to customise is always A Good Thing.

Snappy,

Hm, the least one can do is to specify colour in the HTML way, i.e., in hex triplets. Even with only 8-bits per colour that's still a whole lot one can choose from.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
            X