Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hebrew Civ,

ELI,

JUST OUT OF INTEREST, WHAT UNITS WOULD YOU ADVOCATE FOR A 'HEBREW' CIVILISATION?

i WOULD PERSONALLY ADVOCATE THE UNIT THAT RESISTED THE ROMANS AT MASSADA IN 70AD, BUT WHAT WOULD YOU CALL IT?#

OR A 'KHAZAR' UNIT, NAMED AFTER THE TURKIC TRIBE THAT CREATED HISTORY'S LARGEST JEWISH NATION.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

M.S.B.
    YORKSHIRE
    ENGLAND
    U. K. N.I. & G. B.
    Tod.MB

DON'T WE ALL LOVE CAPS? Seriously, that's annoying.

Regarding the Hebrew units: I have no clue

Comment

Re: Hebrew Civ,

Originally posted by ToD.MB
      ELI,

JUST OUT OF INTEREST, WHAT UNITS WOULD YOU ADVOCATE FOR A 'HEBREW' CIVILIZATION?
      Joshua and his Army. They destroy Jericho with a shout.

Comment

Yeah what weapon did David use when he killled Goliat? Wasn't that a sling or something?
        CSPA

Comment

Halfling slingers?
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Sabre2th

Sorry for annoying you - the caps were a result of unlimited alchohol consumption. It looks like I was shouting, which I wasn't.

Still, anyone any ideas about such a unit?
            Tod.MB

Comment

It may be a zealot (that's what the rebells were called), but they were, shall we say, pretty ineffective, as Jerusalem was subsequently razed.

However, this thread should be moved to the Civilizations forum, don't you think?
              The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
              - Frank Herbert

Comment

the "Arik sharon" unit

Comment

Slingers, shmingers. The Hebrew special unit is --- Ladies & Gentelmen --- please WELCOME ---

the MERKAVA battle tank.

They have thought that one out.
                  Envy of all. Developed in 1960, still in production and used only by the Israeli army.

Grrreat fun... great fun, indeed...

Comment

But the special unit should reflect the civilization Golden Age which for the Hebrews hardly is now (I would guess for something closer to David or Salomon )
                    - Frank Herbert

Comment

Evil Zionist Occupier of course.

Well, I dont know. This is the major problem with including Hebrews... No special unit. The Golden Age is the days of the first Temple. But again, no special unit.
                      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                        Evil Zionist Occupier of course.

Well, I dont know. This is the major problem with including Hebrews... No special unit. The Golden Age is the days of the first Temple. But again, no special unit.
                        But you can always come up with something. I mean, they took bowmen for Babylonians almost from the top of the hat and it (rather) works.

Eli, correct me if I am wrong, but the Hebrews fought mainly on foot, not from horses? So it should be either some special spearman or swordsman. Now, all you have to do is to work on it

(BTW, so people on other threads suggested some prophets that would call fire from sky etc. but this is ridiculous - after all every civilization would have such myths about its priests and miracles which does not mean they were true)
                        - Frank Herbert

Comment

But the special unit should reflect the civilization Golden Age which for the Hebrews hardly is now (I would guess for something closer to David or Salomon )
                          Then it would be much better if Russia got the Cossacks instead of the MiG.

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
                            Halfling slingers?
                            LOL!

My choice for a special unit: Jehuda Ben Loew's 'Golem'.
                            Hasdrubal's Home.
                            Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

I would go for the Mossad anti-terrorist terrorist unit.
                              Somebody told me I should get a signature.

Comment

Working...
                              X