Questions about AI, Cheating and DIfficulty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about AI, Cheating and DIfficulty

How often will the AI cheat? I assume that your AI is much better then it was in civ2, but is it good enough to not require alot of cheating? Have you tried to reduce the amount of cheating required to make it a challange?

What will the difference be between the different difficulty settings?, in Civ2 (aside from the rule changes) it seemed like it just made the AI cheat more the higher you went, will there be a difficulty setting where the AI does not cheat at all?

If the AI does still need to cheat, what methods will it use to cheat? Hopefully nothing as obvious or blatant as in Civ2.

I'd like to hear some answers from Firaxis.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Believe me, we all want answers. Apparantly the AI is developed late in the game's production, so no real judgements can be made as of now. It is possible that the computer will cheat a little in civ3 to make the game a challange, but again it's too early to tell.

Check out some of the other threads on this forum or do a search and you'll come up with elaborate discussions on the issue.

Comment

yes Osweld, we had bajillions of conversations on this topic, and FIRAXIS tends to tip toe around it.

we all know the civ2 ai cheats. plz dont go listing them now.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
      X