Gamespot has a few new screenshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamespot has a few new screenshots

check it out...the complete tech tree is up!

The URL, btw, is:

Gamespot

----
    "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks... I'll write up a news item.
      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Our resident newshound is on the job I see

Cool. I see Catherine the Great, Caesar and Joan of Arc, all in medieval regalia in the main screenshots. Gandhi is also in medieval dress as well on the first screenshot.

I also notice Astronomy comes a lot later on, well into the middle ages.

Nationalism prerequisite for Communism?!?!

Medicine doesn't come until the Industrial Age, prerequisite for Sanitation as well. So large cities are much later on in the game with Sewer System being so late. Obviously a throwback to SMAC and the lateness of the Hab Dome (Super-Tensile Solids, Level 10).

Here, Scientific Methods seems to give Darwin's Voyage this time...

Motorised Transportation gives Armour.

I am glad to see that Genetic Engineering doesn't come until well into the modern era, when in civ/civ2 you could discover it back at the beginning of the industrial revolution.

And what does Ecology do? It is an advance, but seems to do nothing. Perhaps there must be come ecological bonus associated with this advance...

And Integrated Defense, it seems to give some kind of satellite-based weaponry which looks interesting. Fission seems to give nukes, but only the bomb from what I can tell. Perhaps they have to be dropped from planes, at least to start with. Perhaps Rocketry or Space Flight gives more advanced means of delivery?

And Catherine the Great here seems to have more than a passing resemblance to Nora Batty of Last Of The Summer Wine.

Separated at birth or what?

Catherine the Great:
        Attached Files
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

And Nora Batty!
          Attached Files
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

mmhhhh... double chins.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Stop it Provost, I'm getting a woody
              "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
              "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                Our resident newshound is on the job I see

Cool. I see Catherine the Great, Caesar and Joan of Arc, all in medieval regalia in the main screenshots. Gandhi is also in medieval dress as well on the first screenshot.

I also notice Astronomy comes a lot later on, well into the middle ages.

Nationalism prerequisite for Communism?!?!

Medicine doesn't come until the Industrial Age, prerequisite for Sanitation as well. So large cities are much later on in the game with Sewer System being so late. Obviously a throwback to SMAC and the lateness of the Hab Dome (Super-Tensile Solids, Level 10).

Here, Scientific Methods seems to give Darwin's Voyage this time...

Motorised Transportation gives Armour.

I am glad to see that Genetic Engineering doesn't come until well into the modern era, when in civ/civ2 you could discover it back at the beginning of the industrial revolution.

And what does Ecology do? It is an advance, but seems to do nothing. Perhaps there must be come ecological bonus associated with this advance...

And Integrated Defense, it seems to give some kind of satellite-based weaponry which looks interesting. Fission seems to give nukes, but only the bomb from what I can tell. Perhaps they have to be dropped from planes, at least to start with. Perhaps Rocketry or Space Flight gives more advanced means of delivery?

And Catherine the Great here seems to have more than a passing resemblance to Nora Batty of Last Of The Summer Wine.

Separated at birth or what?

Catherine the Great:
                I dont understand why you would need Nationalism before Communism? Thats my only complaint about the tech tree.
                "Oderint dum probent"

Comment

Working...
                X