Sire, your fame exceeds even that of Dan Quayle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sire, your fame exceeds even that of Dan Quayle

In other words, what will be the end-of-game 'titling' system in Civ3? You know what I mean. In Civ1, it compared you to various leaders. In Civ2, it gave you the title, ie. "Caesar the Worthless". In Colonization, you got to know what was named after you, and in Alpha Centauri, the book that was written about you. So, what should it be in Civ3?

Of course, we could go back to Civ1 (Oh, the endless mirth you got from getting statement like the one in my title ), but why not come up with something new? I don't know what that would be, but...
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

firaxis confirmed that the "Dan Quayle" system is comming back. too late to change it. sorry. finish the game firaxis... i need fix.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Here's the Civ3.com link confirming the Dan Quayle list

Ask the Team - May 11

Comment

Hmph. I had seen that, but just plain forgotten. Oh well.
        "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
        "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Yay. As well as been the cutting edge of TBS, this game looks like it is also going to be a massive nostalgia trip for me

My fame invariably exceeded that of Solomon the Wise
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Will the list only include people that Americans are familiar with? Or does it include historical figures from other parts of the world as well? I never played Civ1 so can someone post some examples of what titles were given to players at the end of the game? I'm curious to know.
            Formerly known as Masuro.
            The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Working...
            X