No announcement yet.

# of civs in one game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up to 16 using the editors. 7 using the main menu.
    You can play with up to 16 civs (including yourself) using the editor and up to 8 civs (including yourself) using the main menu or you could say 15 civs with editeor and 7 civs using the main menu.

I'm really glad to hear all this.
    Last edited by TechWins; August 10, 2001, 21:16.
    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

I hope all 16.
      "Oderint dum probent"

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        You can play with up to 16 civs (including yourself) using the editor and up to 8 civs (including yourself) using the main menu or you could say 15 civs with editeor and 7 civs using the main menu.

I'm really glad to here all this.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me too!
        "Oderint dum probent"

Comment

Ralf, thank you my friend for adding your sane voice among the shrill. I look forward to having us be a part of the Civ3-Strategy forum, away from most of the kewl dOOdz around here.

Comment

Ralf and Steve your points are valid but that doesn't mean people won't want to play with 16 civs at once. My first game I will probably do 8 civs then I will go change the rules and make my second game with 16 civs. I will determine which one is more fun and go from there. It's as simple as that.
            However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Don't forget, Firaxis has stated that MANY SCREENS WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY FOR MORE THAN 8 CIVS.

Comment

Working...
              X