October 17, 2001

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 17, 2001

I do not know if this is old news or not, but I haven't seen an exact date before and Amazon.com is giving the above as a release date.

Here's a link.

I have a projection...

thie first civ week is this one, and there are 16 civs, which means that the last civ to be previewed could be the last week prior to release.

That means that the release date would be 1st of November in US, and a few weeks later for us elsewhere, but definitly in time for Christmas... I guess they have a pretty good shot at releasing prior to the Crhristmas shopping season
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

We can only hope!

After taking a look at the new Civ3 website, I, for one, cannot wait until CivIII comes out! I was a skeptic at first, but now . . .

I have no doubt it is going to be absolutely spellbinding, engaging, and downright fun!

So, forget you and all your skepticism, Yin!

I'm buying CivIII and none of your comments will make me do otherwise!

Comment

In the FAQ on civ3.com, there stands:

We are hoping to ship the game in Fall of 2001. Our goal is to give you the highest quality game software possible; we will announce a more specific release date as we get closer to that goal
        You can't always trust that amazon and other "surces" are right. Wait untill Firaxis anounces a date!
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
          I have a projection...

thie first civ week is this one, and there are 16 civs, which means that the last civ to be previewed could be the last week prior to release.

That means that the release date would be 1st of November in US, and a few weeks later for us elsewhere, but definitly in time for Christmas... I guess they have a pretty good shot at releasing prior to the Crhristmas shopping season
          I was thinking the EXACT same thing . . .
          Excellent projection.

Comment

The CivIII website has 4 listed outlets to buy the game. I cannot find the game at the Best Buy site but here is info from the others. All prices $US

Amazon $44.99 release Oct. 17, 2001

GameStop $49.99 release Oct. 16, 2001

EB Games $49.99 release Oct. 16, 2001
            Here's a link.

Comment

yea, old news.

none of those dates are confirmed by firaxis, but they are aiming for a fall release.
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

The biggest problem is that Sim Golf is going to ship in September. How is Firaxis beta testing two games at once?

Oh well, I guess I have to give it up, Civ III is looking good and it will be around by Christmas. Hopefully that is a good thing.
                About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Happily, there's also Maxis.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                  X