Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minimal Requirements: DirectX 8.0a vid. card. What the hell is that!?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimal Requirements: DirectX 8.0a vid. card. What the hell is that!?!?!?!

Does anybody know what that is suppose to be? Its under civ minimal requirements at civ3.com.
    Alex

It's a Video Card compatible with Microsoft's DirectX 8 Graphics Drivers. This, in practice, is any video card released in the past five years or so.
    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

I believe it is for the graphics part of it all. I think SMAC required Directx7. Usually the game supplies a download of it.
      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapcase
        It's a Video Card compatible with Microsoft's DirectX 8 Graphics Drivers. This, in practice, is any video card released in the past five years or so.
        You exaggerate. But not by much.

Comment

alex, it's a free download:

Almost all games made in the last 4 years use some version of the program. It's pretty much an industry standard. Don't stress over it.
          Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. And perhaps everyone else, too.

Comment

I hope they include the newest DirectX version with the cd, so noone has to dl something...
            Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
              I hope they include the newest DirectX version with the cd, so noone has to dl something...
              Yes they do - they say so on the new site.

Comment

It's more about the chip (set) on the video card than the card itself. Chip sets that are too old aren't compatible with DirectX 8.0a.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                X