Civ 3 Screensaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 3 Screensaver

I don't know if this was meantioned: the animations in the Civ 3 screensaver look awsome, with that gunman jumping accross the terrain into the city, then getting choped up by the phalanx. . Hope its like this in the actuall game.
    Alex

Alex, I know you don't know better but... You're going to have to stop posting so much spam, stop threading so much spam and pointless info, and stop doing so many polls. Try not to make yourself stick out like a sore thumb so much. Look around and read threads before you do any new threads. When posting make sure you read most of the info or aware people that you haven't read most of the posts. Before you do a poll think about whether or not that poll is very useful for info, entertainment, discussion, etc... All these things should help you become a better Apolytoner.

Your newest poll about how we like the civs wasn't a bad poll and probably shouldn't have got closed. It's just that you post too many polls. Your first poll about this was a little premature because we didn't know which civs were going to be included yet. Now that we know you should have posted that poll for the first time. This could have been prevented if you would have been following some of those tips. Now don't get offended, ok?
    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Yes, very neat.

I think that was a warrior though, not a phalanx.

it's also not very realistic for a bunch of gunmen to be killed off by a single warrior.
      unless he has a VERY high defense multiplier and a barracks for repairing between attacks.
      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Actually, it's supposed to be an in-joke of the "Phalanx defeats Tank" type.
        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Unfortunately, these guys have no shields to denote their civ affilliation. I once saw a warrior come up to attack the defending warrior and they lookked exactly alike.

actually, the bad part is, my wife hates the grunting of the warrior so bad she wants me to remove it. says it sounds like he's whipping that guy to death.

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...

Comment

Ever helpfully, I suggest...

Maybe you could just turn off your sounds boxes?
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I like looking at all those specials. looks like 5 specials in the city radius.
              I see some cows toward the top, horses by the bottom, some gold? just to the left of the city, and 2 forest squares with... what is that? are those poppy flowers? are they drugs which bring your people happiness?

maybe that's how the warrior is able to defeat everyone. he's hopped up on pcp!

Comment

The screensaver really looks nice.

The pink in the woods I think is dye, a luxury resource.

Have you seen the ship, which sails along but cannot reach the city?

Comment

Originally posted by Tventano
                  Have you seen the ship, which sails along but cannot reach the city?
                  There's a SHIP!? Have you been watching the screensaver too much Tventano?

Comment

Oh yeah, there's a ship. I keep waiting for it to digorge a tank or 2 before it moves on, but it never does.....

Oh, and sabre2th, love your avatar

Comment

Working...
                    X