New Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Box

It took me a while to notice but it appears that Civ III has a new box. The old one if you can recall only had the old look in the background behind SM'S Civilization III.

Now it appears that there are wonders, leaders, and units.

Looks pretty classy, but I am still looking for the Sid Meier's Civilization III, Game Ideas by Apolyton Civilization Site.
    Attached Files
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Yeah, I noticed that too. It doesn't look great but it's not too bad. Personally I could care less about the CARDBOARD box.
    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

The Civ I box still looks best.

Comment

The Civ 2:mge box is better.
        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_funk
          The Civ I box still looks best.
          No, the 5.25" floppies were what looked great!

Comment

the box has a definant "historical" look to it. It's pleasent enough.
            Especially after the cartoony ctp1/2 boxes
            If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

Why are they going for a box when almost every new game has this little cartridge nowadays?
              It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

I hope they'll use recycled paper for the Civ III box and manual: it's ecologically correct and it seems only fair for a "conservative sequel"...
                "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Since I had an entire thread dedicated to getting them to putting something more 'historical' on the box, this is great news.
                  I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Working...
                  X