Hidden screen shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden screen shot?

I found this screenshot on civ3.com that wasn't in the gallery and I don't think it's anywhere else on the website either, though it's possible I've missed it. If not, it looks like Firaxis is still trying to keep some secrets from us, those naughty fellas

Anyways, here it is: it appears to show a build queue! As an avid CtP fan, I'm very, very happy indeed to see this. Now let's just hope we can save it to disk as well...

Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

LOL, nothing escapes from the apolytoners

yes, queues are great, but i'm afraid there wont be any all-cities managment screen
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Good job Locutus on finding that screenshot, where did you find it at in the website?

I'm sorry Mark.

Why is that the citizens are blue but in another screenshot the people are green?
      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Re: Hidden screen shot?

Originally posted by Locutus
        I found this screenshot on civ3.com that wasn't in the gallery and I don't think it's anywhere else on the website either, though it's possible I've missed it. If not, it looks like Firaxis is still trying to keep some secrets from us, those naughty fellas

Anyways, here it is: it appears to show a build queue! As an avid CtP fan, I'm very, very happy indeed to see this. Now let's just hope we can save it to disk as well...

It wasn't really a secret, just that the old Civ II pop heads are there instead of the new ones. I knew one of you'd find it anyway

There are plenty of little things to find on the site, though... for instance, how many of you have looked (and listened) all the way through the "Civ Legacy" section?

Dan
        Dan Magaha
        Firaxis Games, Inc.
        --------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins
          Why is that the citizens are blue but in another screenshot the people are green?
          these are from civ2 and were used as placeholders. apparently the other screenshot is newer and has the actual graphics
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

SID:...and we've been greatly assisted and energized by the support and suggestions from the gaming community.
            Does Dan mean that? Hardly telling, you know...
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Markos,
              No, I'm afraid there won't be. But in this case I'm prepared to say 'well, Civ3 ain't CtP, better get used to it', it's a loss but I can live without it.

TechWins,
              Quite simple really: there was a screenshot called 'citymgt2.jpg' but no part 1. So I just played around witht the name (citymgt1, citymgt_1, etc) until I found it: citymgt.jpg...

Dan,
              Sure, that's what I would say too

Of course I - and no doubt many others - read through it all the way, how could you expect any less from us? I noticed the community remark but these days it seems as if every development team uses such comments. Of course, now I notice it came straigt from the mouth of Sid himself (or at least is supposed to be, if you're as paranoid as Yin ), it means a bit more but it's still no heaven on earth...
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

There are plenty of little things to find on the site, though... for instance, how many of you have looked (and listened) all the way through the "Civ Legacy" section?
                good hint... it was really nice to hear the Civ I theme again, it rocks. On the Sid-on-Civ-3 page, there's still after 15 min something to download, I guess it's the Civ 3 theme. Darn, I wanna hear it! Is it like 20 Mb or what?

Comment

yes, it appears to be some sort of civ3 theme see below:

PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="images/civ3_music.swf"
                  PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high

EMBED SRC="images/civ3_music.swf" QUALITY=high PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" WIDTH="0" HEIGHT="0">

I can't wait to see what it is!
                  Call me Frank.
                  To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

ahhh. a broken link for a flash "animation". more like a soundtrack.

http://www.civ3.com/images/civ3_music.swf - BROKEN.

dany fixy?

(thanks to acemo)
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                      ahhh. a broken link for a flash "animation". more like a soundtrack.

http://www.civ3.com/images/civ3_music.swf - BROKEN.

dany fixy?

(thanks to acemo)
                      Fixed... thanks for catching that.

Dan
                      Dan Magaha
                      Firaxis Games, Inc.
                      --------------------------

Comment

Thanks Dan, it sounds great

...now how about that demo!
                        Call me Frank.
                        To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Yeah the music is fantastic. Who is your composer this time around?

Did Jeff give it another go after making such great scores in RRTycoon, Colonization, Civ I, SMAC, and Pirates?
                          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

there are also 2 cultural advisor screenshots where only 1 is shown in the gallery..maybe the other one is shown somewhere else... there's http://www.civ3.com/images/screenshots/cultural2.jpg and http://www.civ3.com/images/screenshots/cultural1.jpg i thought i saw a trade 1 and 2 but i guess not since it's not there anymore
                            http://springfieldharbor.com/grampafinal.gif

Comment

My question is what is the format of the music in Civ3 the game itself? Is the music in *.swf format? or is that solely for the webpage? What kind of file is *.swf? Shockwave file?

Comment

Working...
                              X