Inside the Civ 3 box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside the Civ 3 box

We've talked about what the box looks like, now what about what the game will actually feature, for example: civ book (civ1), manual (civ2), tech guide poster (ctp2). Any ideas of what the game should come with?
    Game referance book, Civ 3 poster, introduction manual, bonus CD, previous game art poster & other small items
    50.00%
    Game referance book, Civ 3 poster, introduction manual & bonus CD
    18.18%
    Game referance book, Civ 3 poster & introduction manual
    13.64%
    Game referance book & Civ 3 poster
    13.64%
    Game referance book
    4.55%
    Just the CD or Other
    0.00%
    Alex

Civ 2 also comes with a poster.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

We've also talked about what's going to be inside the box a lot too. Even more than what the box is actually going to look like.
      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

I want it all
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

We all knew what the results of the poll would be as soon as we saw the question. Of course people are going to want everything they can get. Pointless spam-poll

Comment

I'd be happy with a reference manual with basic game instructions for newbies and a tech poster ala Civ2 which was much more useful and foldable then in SMAC. I don't need the extras like a making of CD and stuff. Not worth the extra 10 bucks in my opinion, just more junk thats pretty cool the first time you check it out but just takes up space on the desk after a day or two.

Comment

I expect a copy of the Encyclopedia Britannica. (Just joking, don't really pack that... it would be too heavy to lug home). Actually, thick manual, CD, bonus CD, poster, historical referance book, and maybe a small pewter Civ3 figure ought to be enough to satisfy me. (Of course I'm hard to satisfy, so this isn't entirely accurate).
              *grumbles about work*

Comment

I'm modest. I'll settle for the game itself, a tech poster, the bonus CD Firaxis has confirmed, and the manual. No use for trinkets - though a six(teen)-pack of some energy drink would be recommendable
                But I think I wont get the LE, because it would cost a pretty penny here and I really only need the game and a manual. The leftover junk is just to maximise the experience, not the gaming experience.
                And an able civer can easily do a tech poster of his own
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

give me give me give me!

what do you guys want with all that crap? game CD and manual, who needs more?

Comment

maybe also a poster, but all that bullcrap about extra CD 1, extra CD 2, super manual, video tape, rubber doll etc. etc., it's so silyl

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                      rubber doll etc
                      What Firaxis is releasing the Official Civilization III Emperor's Anatomically Correct Harem Girl Blow Up Doll in the Limited Edition? Damn I'm gonna pre-order now!!

Comment

Can we have a bronze statue in there as well

Yeah, as long as the basics are in there, CD, chunky manual and comprehensive poster/chart of everything, I will be a happy bunny. Anything else would be nice though, mind you!
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                        X