Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The FIRST thing you'll look for when Civ3.com opens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) I´ll look for info about governments and stacked combat. Also, it will be interesting to find out if there´s more "civ-specific" than special units (e.g. SMAC-style unique civs).

2) As to governments, almost any info would be "profoundly more detailed than what we have already heard".

3) I´ll buy this game for sure. Actually I´ll take a few days off when Civ3 is released.
    "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

1) I'd like to say I'd look for a game guide (in PDF format for easy download). But I'll probably shoot straight for the screenshots and interactive sections (if any).

2) I don't expect any amazing news.

3) I'll buy Limited Edition also ASAP.

Comment

Re Q1, the first thing I’ll look after is any indication of the stockpiles of statistics I’ve been dreaming of.

Next, I’ll look for AI and diplomacy.

Re Q2, I’ve never thought about it actually. I suppose it will be more informative than the current one, otherwise they wouldn’t bother.

Re Q3, if I buy anything to start with I’ll see for further preview, reviews and maybe also gamers’ info if I still have doubts. Could also be that I purchase EU2 instead.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
          The Civ3.com servers are actually housed in an Infogrames facility in Seattle, not here at Firaxis. Why would you want to know our pageviews, Mark? Bragging rights?
          hey, if the fan site did more than the official site, that would be really something, right?

anyway you must be expecting a really big crowd to have put a cluster of 3 servers....
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Re: The FIRST thing you'll look for when Civ3.com opens?

Originally posted by yin26
            3 Questions for you all:

1) What will be the very FIRST thing you'll look for on the site? (Mine, again, is AI stuff)
            Possibility of stacked units, like in ctp.

2) Do you think the site will really reveal anything profoundly more detailed than what we have already heard? If not, would that surprise you? (I think it WILL show some new stuff but once the excitement fades, we'll still have a LOT of questions. If nothing is really new, I will be surprised, to put it lightly.)
            There will be new stuff, but probably not very dramaticully new things. Maybe on MP there will be some neat stuff...

3) Is what you will or will not see on that site likely to affect your purchasing decision or have you already made up your mind one way or the other? (I have already decided to buy the Limited Edition, otherwise I would have depended heavily on the site to help form my decision)
            I have already made up my mind: I will buy it!
            I even bought myself a Pentium4 with new monitor so I will be able to play it well!
            Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
            If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
            "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

Any chance for Apolyon advertisements on the Civ3 site? Could always use more Civ3 bug hunters... I mean posters

Comment

You mean spammers, don't you Serapis?

Comment

I assume you meant present company excluded...right?

Comment

a confirmed release date.
                    lots of pretty pictures.
                    backgrounds, maybe windows themes. .

anything else interesting
                    -connorkimbro
                    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

I'll be looking for screenshots, specifically shots of the modern/nuclear ages.

Then I'll look for another tutorial, this time on the combat system.

They 'll start looking for other bright and shiny things to click on

Comment

firaxis: dont spend time on windows themes. finish the game mmkay?
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Civs included in the game.

I still hope that the last 16th unknown Civ will be the one I want it to be(please tell us Dan ).
                          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

The first thing I'll look for is Editor information.

I think there won't be a lot of useful information right away.

I absulutely will buy the game.

Comment

1) Look for things about AI & also see what improvements they have thought to add to what's known.

2) Nah, don't think there will be much new, although may be pleasantly surprised.

3) It may influence the decision to buy the game. Played Civ1, Civ2, CTP1 & CTP2 and hope some of the best of both are in Civ3. I just hope Civ3 is not simply Civ2 with better graphics and the SOSDD like Civ2 vs. Civ1.

If the game offers something NEW and not Civ1 with a few (very few) ideas and better graphics (Civ2) then I'd probably buy it.

Comment

Re: The FIRST thing you'll look for when Civ3.com opens?

Originally posted by yin26
                                3 Questions for you all:

1) What will be the very FIRST thing you'll look for on the site? (Mine, again, is AI stuff)
                                First of all I'll look around to see if any great "GOTCHA!" appear on home page, with the final explain about all this prolonged hoax of a "Civ sequel that none at Firaxis really worked on" (tm).
                                (We already realized all when discovered that Firaxis was working on Sim Golf, instead).

We finally know why Brian left: he missed heart to take part to the greatest false since that showed on "The Sting" 1973 movie (Newman, Redford, Shaw).

No, seriusly, first thing I'll look for on the site is any announce/promise about frequence of site update...

2) Do you think the site will really reveal anything profoundly more detailed than what we have already heard? If not, would that surprise you?
                                Not really more detailed, but some stuff will be there for sure.

If not, I will not be really surprised, but a bit "nervous" , to put it lightly.

3) Is what you will or will not see on that site likely to affect your purchasing decision or have you already made up your mind one way or the other? (I have already decided to buy the Limited Edition, otherwise I would have depended heavily on the site to help form my decision)
                                A bit, but I already worry this beast so much that I'll still wait a working demo and enough feedback from trusted buddies here at Apolyton (adding some magazine review, if available).

About Limited Edition... well, I have no idea about availability outside USA, and I bet the italian distributor will add a heavy overprice (they usually do, with special editions)
                                "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                                - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Working...
                                X