No announcement yet.

Triumph to Horsie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its effect on the game will be basically NIL.
    That's what I said, of course, so I agree with you. This is one of those "reality" decisions. After all, name an entire city in a mountain. Then again, if you can discover techs for making cities on water, the same should hold for mountains...anyway..
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Now, let's just dust off those cobwebs, shall we?

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

If I remember it correctly AH motivated the "No cities on mountains" issue with the multiplayer gameplay/cheat argument. And the only objections his advesaries could come up with was this or that farfetched real-life example (Gibraltar, Lhasa and so on).

Now Firaxis have confirmed that cities infact cannot be built on mountains. It shows us that good gameplay-arguments really weights heavier then ridiculously priggish 100% real-life accuracy arguments.
        Last edited by Ralf; August 9, 2001, 05:22.

Comment

I admire Horsie

See, the guy is so humble I had to do all the gloating for him.

I see you modified you sign...
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I suspect pragmatic & practical reasons as well behind Firaxis decision. Look at those pointy mountains sticking up like sore thumbs from the landscape.

How the heck could they place their city-grapics rigth on top of that, and still make it look good? Even if its only a 1 pop mountain-city, i simply wouldnt look right.

Comment

Yes. Good point. Makes me wonder about building ANYTHING on the mountains now that you mention it. Perhaps they'll just stick a flag there?
              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Thanks for your help Colon

Originally posted by Colon

See, the guy is so humble I had to do all the gloating for him.

Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

AH, you are a constructive force

Comment

Horsie, no problem, then I won't have to feel guilty the next time I bash you.
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                    X