No announcement yet.

Triumph to Horsie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And maybe it could be able to extract from more squares with technology or such.
    This is an idea have brought up in a colonies thread before. Click
    here for the link. My quote from that thread, "Another way could be to have colonies create a small border area. An 9 square colony radius. All resources that are in the radius could be distributed to all the cities, if linked to the colony from the resource then to all the cities.".

I think this would add a lot more importance to colonies. Maybe with certain techs the colony could keep on increasing it's radius until it reached it's max of 9squares.
    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Well Horsieboy should be coming online at any time now, it is his time of day. And God help anyone who strays into the path of his ego

I suppose from a gaming point of view, it is silly to build cities on top of mountains as there is bugger all food up there to live off. Although some major cities are built way up mountains, look at La Paz for example. I think it is good that you can have colonies up there though, eminently sensible
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Begone threadjackers so that Horsie can bask in his glory

Techwings gave a really nice link leading to an awesome thread, maybe you guys can continue this silly-silly-because-not-related-to-Horsie colonies-debate over there?
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

bah. you seem to be the only threadjacker here

Rich, LA PAz is not really built on a mountain... it's one of many examples from the original thread so.... have a look there

Comment

It is built high up in the Andes (not you ) and mountain certainly fits the definition, in a civ sense, of where it resides. It certainly isn't flat grasslands or plains, a dense jungle or gently rolling hills. So that is why I would state it as a 'mountain' city. And what about Lhasa or Kathmandu?

But still, this discussion should be reserved for another thread...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yes yes someone give a link to the mountain-top city threads and give way to Horsie!

Shouldn't The Man be at work by now? That's from where he usually posts isn't it? (so clever, why post at home of you can do it at work )
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Yeah, I have always noticed he tends to come online at about 11pm my time, so he should be around by now.

And why not at work? Why waste your own time when you can waste someone else's
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Rich, every aspect of that whole thing has been discussed already

it's so much fun, just like you copy AH's points from that thread

Comment

err how stupid...

Comment

Originally posted by ancient
                      err how stupid...
                      Of course

Comment

Off topic: How're things up in Rochester, Ancient?

Comment

I'm just too modest for that

Originally posted by Colon

Horsie deserves congrats

Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

LOL, there are people who wrote dissertations on the civ III suggestions forum and who, well, truthfully, got a little carried away, but anyway, horse's premier troll on OT is the only thing that gets incorporated. I'll give you credit when you get your name in the readme file

LOL, again and again.

Bird

Trying to understand WTL_d?????
                            "I think the advantages by the proposal which I have made are obvious and many, as well as of the highest importance."
                            Jonathan Swift

Comment

...horse's premier troll on OT is the only thing that gets incorporated.
                              That would make good drama, but is false, thank God. No cities on mountains is, perhaps, a nice thing, and it's great that Firaxis re-considered, but if we were forced to drop ANY 'improvement' we've heard about so far, this would have to be the one because its effect on the game will be basically NIL.

This is not to detract from the change or Horsie's campaign for it. Many small steps can have a big overall effect.
                              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

No cities on mountains is, perhaps, a nice thing
                                I don't understand the logic behind making this a rule. How at all does it improve gameplay? This is a pointless and unrealistic rule. Dumb.
                                However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Working...
                                X