X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City View Zoning

City View Zoning

We need more options for this.
    We should be able to place the buildings where we want!

The arrangement could be used to determine which buildings are destroyed in war.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Yeah, maybe, not a bad idea, but it should be made, once again, optional, because for some it would add that loathsome burden of micromanagement, and IMO it would no longer be Civ3 but SimCity 4000, with multiple cities
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Yes, optional.

but it wouldn't really turn into Sim City 4000, all you would be doing is some major zoning of residental and the important buildings... More like Sim City I
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

But you would still be organizing happiness, level of crime, culture, and other things similar to SimCity... But OTOH, that is standard for Civ.
        It looks like that if Firaxis would want to implement all these optional characteristics into the game it would take at least six more months, and maybe reprogramming the whole game
        About "decining which ones get destroyed at capture"... That would mean that it also would be necessary to calculate which direction the attack comes from. Maybe there should be a whole different screen for attacking into a city, instead of destroying all the units in the city and then marching in?
        (For the record, this might be a confirmed property of the game which I'm not aware of. Refill my information if needed )
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

hey, in all honesty, everyone wants this "optional" crap.

THERE WOULD BE A BAJILLION TOGGLE SWITCHES!

firaxis will put in what they like.

but hey, it's too late.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

They should have 5-6 different possitions for every building and place them randomly.
            Alex

Comment

Ya'know, since Sid "snuggled-up" with the creators of SIM City (for the production of SIM Golf), these "optional" ideas might just make it into a later game release...like CIV4 (or even SIM CIV)! Just some food for thought.

Ciao!
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Such a micromanagement would be borring(except if you're playing OCC)Also remember al those things have to get in the save-files.With all those little addidions(optional or not) you'll get save-files of some Mb instead of (what is the max now)300kb.

Shade
                ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

I'm hesitant about adding more micromanagement. I don't think it would add to the experience much, especially as I want to run an empire, controlling the economy and armies when I play Civ, not be city planner. Besides, I always viewed the City View as fluff, not actually contributing to the gameplay, just the gaming experience.

Comment

Working...
                  X