Screenshot - Peace Symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenshot - Peace Symbols

So I was looking at the screenshots and I saw these "peace symbols" above some of the cities in the shot. They are also different colors. Do you think this represents the city's relationship to the host civ? (Yellow Peace symbols for neutral, green for friendly, etc.) Is it a measurement of civil unrest? A way of showing diplomatic arrangements? (Yellow for trade partners, green for allies, etc.)

Opinions, insights, or has this been discussed somewhere else?

Here's the link...

WOW, on what site did you find that picture?

anyway, my ISDN connection seems to interrupt file downloads over 100k , so I can only see a few cent.... erm, about an inch high of the pic

Comment

I can only see one different color so I think it just means you have peace with that civ
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I don't know if it had much to do with external relations with an opposing civ because some screenshots show the same peace symbols on the human player's cities.

There was mention in early previews of the possibility of mobilization. Such that peacetime footing cuts building costs but increases unit costs. Wartime footing cuts unit costs but increases building costs. Could this concept be placed on indivudual cities? Just a random guess. Maybe it's a "We love the King" day banner. Any other random thoughts?

Comment

Well I was wondering if there was any feature like this in SMAC or any of the other games that I haven't played. If so, or someone understands please explain how you think this system works.

If it did show the diplomatic status with another nation it would make things much easier so that I wouldn't confuse the different colors and consider attacking someone that I shouldn't.

Comment

Working...
          X