Cynicism: Yin's Coping Strategy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cynicism: Yin's Coping Strategy.

I have decided that, contrary to thinking that Yin loathes Sid Meier and his ilk and will not, under any circumstances, buy civ3. He loves the game, he cannot control his excitement. So the only way he can cope is to berate the game, continually try and convince himself it is crap and that there is nothing worth looking forward to. So people, allow the fellow to vent. If he hadn't, he could well be in an asylum somewhere by now, in his padded cell screaming 'I want Civ3'
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

an interesting alternative theory. now lets recapitulate the speculations:
    1. yin = works for blizzard, bashes firaxis
    2. yin = sid
    3. yin = civ taleban, will buy special edition even if the game cannot run at all....

anything else?

Comment

4. yin = brian reynolds
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Re: Cynicism: Yin's Coping Strategy.

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
        I have decided that, contrary to thinking that Yin loathes Sid Meier and his ilk and will not, under any circumstances, buy civ3. He loves the game, he cannot control his excitement. So the only way he can cope is to berate the game, continually try and convince himself it is crap and that there is nothing worth looking forward to. So people, allow the fellow to vent. If he hadn't, he could well be in an asylum somewhere by now, in his padded cell screaming 'I want Civ3'
        Exactly - you've hit the nail on the head. Yin's naturally happy-go-lucky, overly optimistic nature constantly threatens to build up the game beyond rational expectations. His response is to talk it down until it cannot fail to please him. Deep down, you know there's a little Yin in all of us...
        Diplomacy is the continuation of war by other means.

Comment

Why is it so important if Yin26 is positive or negative to the game? Im going to buy it regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            4. yin = brian reynolds

yes, i actually hesitated to list it as no.4 (big huge yin) b

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf
              Why is it so important if Yin26 is positive or negative to the game?
              who said it's important?
              it's just that yin is often an entairtaining subject for discussion
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

You are all wrong.

5. Yin = Civ III self-conscious A.I. (artificial intelligence)

Facts:
                - he (now I should use "it") always complain because Firaxis doesn't mention A.I. large enhancement over Civ II AI

- he/it wants to play with more people ASAP (public open beta request)

- he/it's less afraid of bugs than of self balancing (ooops, I mean play balancing).

- as any very young A.I. science fiction anticipated, he/it shows young behaviour: a very long "wish list" (Civ III Yin List), too much excitement for a while, then too much angry... that sort of things

How I'm so sure? Because I'm an A.I. too, older build than him/it, hence a bit more stable but less advanced and with less feature. I'm in fact a Civ 2.5 A.I. limited (pun intended) edition
                "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Markos hit the nail on the head. It is just interesting to theorise what is going on in the head of the Yinster But everyone knows he will end up buying it
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                    4. yin = brian reynolds
                    It Can't Be!!

I thought Korn was Brian Reynolds.
                    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Only a few days ago, I actually assumed that Korn469 might be Sid

is there any reliable informations on whether some of the great ones post here, under secret names?

Comment

he could well be in an asylum somewhere by now, in his padded cell screaming 'I want Civ3'
                        Thats going to be me in like 2 days if.........I DONT GET SOME FOOD FROM FIRAXIS ! ! !

WHERES MY DEMO ! ! !

Gezz there goes that Twitch in my eyes again
                        "Its a great day for Hockey"
                        - Badger Bob Johnson -

Comment

*key unlocks small panel in steel door...a tray of mashed potatoes is carefully slid in*

"Pssst! Yin! Your lunch!"

In a blurry shot of movement and maniacal snarling, the tray is sucked into the padded cell by something barely human.

"Eat well, Yin. By the way, Civ3 sold 2 million copies so far...that should make you happy."

The tray, now twisted to look like a box for a computer game, has something written on it with mashed potatoes:

'Civ 4, an Apolyton Production.'
                          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Yin!
                            "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                            - Admiral Naismith

Comment

it actually wasn't that funny

Comment

Working...
                              X