No announcement yet.

Does Civ3 exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where'd you get that article Adm.Naismith? I liked it a lot. It was well written.

Comment

A secret e-mail intercepted by Apolyton Intelligence.

From sid@youwillallplaygolfandlikeit.com
      To bill@microsoftownseverything.net

Hi Bill, it's Sid.

We have the plans all in motion. We shall release Civ3, which, as we both know, is really a secret version of Windows 2001 - SuperBuggy Edition . When we have released the Operating System into the general populace, it will multiply itself in the form of Civ3 patches on the internet.

Once every computer owner on the planet owns Windows 2001/Civ3 (people will believe it to be Civ3 even though it is merely a video and not interactive at all) the bugs and crashes will begin, on a scale not seen since Call to Power!

When all the computers on Earth have been disabled, we can rule the world together! And the only software that will work will be SID MEIRS GOLF GAMES run under Windows 2002 - We Own Your Souls Edition .

Anyway, I'm not sure why I just e-mailed you all our plans when you already know them, but there we are.

Sid

Comment

Originally posted by SerapisIV
        Where'd you get that article Adm.Naismith? I liked it a lot. It was well written.
        Easy task. I visited www.f-secure.com (antivirus company), selected the "know hoax" section, browsed to find one that fits with the joke I had in mind.

Then I cutted some parts and tried to adapt it without ruining all with my mediocre english. It seems at least two enjoyed it.

Thanks, I feel all warm inside, now

Adm. "pessimist with a smile" Naismith
        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

A big for red_jon's email message, and

I visited www.f-secure.com (antivirus company),
          Once again Finnish hi-tech prevails.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Just for history, I already mentioned a hint about all this "Civ III hoax" affair, posting:
            We aren't considering SimGolf gaining a so huge success that Sid simply dismiss the whole boring (for him) civ card game (oops, sorry: that was Dino card game ).

"Think if Apolyton fans waited years for a Civ III and none ever show"
            Mine bright anticipation appeared at When do you expect the release of Civ III? poll.

Almost on par with Yin forecast of Civ limited edition with bonus CD, still not on the same level of the anticipated Sid Golf!
            "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
            - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Working...
            X