No announcement yet.

An interesting idea, that would delay the game, but add to gaming experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Connor's idea. It'd be pretty cool to throw in diferent unique units based on the leader as well. With Frederick the Great, better infantry, with Hitler, better tanks or something like that. Be a pain in the as.s to balance though

Comment

unique units i'm not to thrilled about, but i don't think that having different leaders would add TOO much work the the game.

setting all the personalities should be a piece of cake, should be very easy to add. . and thus the only real amount of work would be the animations for all the new leaders. hard to say how long that would take, because i don't know much about creating graphics.

also, modifying a civ's behavior based on government type could work, but i think primarily, it needs to be a civ's personality that is associated with specific leaders that would really be the visible difference. .

it will be a fun game without this feature, but if done right, it could add a significant amount of replayability. .
      -connorkimbro
      "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

I'm not thrilled over unique units, but whether we like them or not their in the game. Also, if you're gonna put the time into making a bunch of leaders with different animations and personalities, why not go whole hog and throw additional unique units into the fray? If you have pacifist leader, you get a stronger defensive unit. For a war-monger, a stronger offensive unit. For Elizabeth and the Brits, a better warship. For Churchill and the Brits, you get a better fighter plane.

Comment

Working...
        X