'Cheating' in Civ 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Cheating' in Civ 3?

Should the cheat menu, or type-in cheats be placed into Civ 3?
    Yes, all cheats possible
    40.00%
    Menu cheats
    28.57%
    Type-in cheats
    5.71%
    Type-in cheats released years later
    5.71%
    No cheats
    20.00%
    Alex

I don't see the point why there should be no cheat options in SP...If you don't want to use cheats...just don't use them, what problems can it make?
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Why not, agree with ADG here. I've never cheated to win, sometimes I used cheats with scenario editor, to see "what happens if".
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Remove the Cheats menu and just leave the Scenario Menu instead that already incorporates the cheats
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
          Remove the Cheats menu and just leave the Scenario Menu instead that already incorporates the cheats
          It's just not exactly the same...

Personally I don't use cheats myself...and personally I don't want to play scenarios, the reason why I don't play scenarios is because then you know the map...And that kinda makes no sense in an explorer game

But with cheats you can let's say...give your worst enemy in the year 4000 BC (Which enemies can you actually have at that time ) all the techs. That could really make the game diffecult and still you don't know how the world looks like...you can't do that in scenario editors

Comment

I voted for no cheats, because I never use them. I guess that's not a great reason to leave the cheaters out in the cold, though.

Comment

I voted for type in cheats, as the first one!!!
              As for myself I don't use cheats in the game other than "what if". Used the "save game-reveal map-find good city spot-load game" before, but that's over.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I remember back in the ol' days as I used cheats...I just hated when a diffecult game (for my age) had no cheats. I was about 13 years old as I started playing Civ1...and that was in the "cheats age"

Comment

While I don't use the cheat menu anymore, it can be a valubale learning experince for people. Plus, as long as you have fun, it doesn't really matter how you do it. If you are going to post records... that's one thing, but if not.. who cares, have fun. That's what the game is all about
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Definitely. It works good for scenario creation and the cheats can allow players to learn how to play the game by seeing how the other players are advancing.

Menu Cheats- they are easier to access and you don't have to remember them.
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                      I don't see the point why there should be no cheat options in SP...If you don't want to use cheats...just don't use them, what problems can it make?
                      I get tempted.
                      Alex

Comment

From the screenshots it appears that the game is not going to be contained within a window for better or for worse. This would tell me there is not going to be a cheat menu like before, simply because the window menus are not going to be a part of the game.

Instead maybe it will be something you type or some tab coming off a button (like in SMAC).

It would also be nice if there were a seperate mode for scenarios and then the ingame cheat options. I think separating them would help Scenario makers more and allow cheaters to cheat without all the other things present.
                        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

I doubt it wont have an option to play in winowed mode.
                          Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex 14
                            I doubt it wont have an option to play in winowed mode.
                            If I'm understanding you right, you're saying that it will be windowed. I think.

Most games nowadays only come in full screen mode and we haven't seen anything from ANYWHERE that would suggest it's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex 14
                              I doubt it wont have an option to play in windowed mode.
                              I doubt it will be windowed! And I just hate when games are windowed, windowed games only means one thing...the game looks cheap

Comment

Working...
                              X