One thing i like in the science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing i like in the science

In the newest screens, you can see at the bottom of the science tree, a message saying ancient times, then an arrow pointing to middle ages. I think this will give the game a better 'feel' for time throughout the game.
    Alex

okay..........

Comment

Any opinions, any ideas.... Anything else you want to add, Sabre?
      Alex

Comment

Any opinions, any ideas
        Yeah it's good to have. There's not much more to say than that.
        However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Surely the gameplay should give you the feel for the age, not a little message saying "ancient" or "middleages"
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex 14
            Anything else you want to add, Sabre?
            Nope.

Comment

Re: One thing i like in the science

Originally posted by Alex 14
              In the newest screens, you can see at the bottom of the science tree, a message saying ancient times, then an arrow pointing to middle ages. I think this will give the game a better 'feel' for time throughout the game.
              Added to above, I think it would be nice if the city-on-map graphics also changes; like it does in Civ-2 - from pre-industrial to 19:th century industrialism, and from industrialism to late 20:th century modernism.

Comment

I'm sure they included that, Ralf, and I'm reasonably sure that they've improved it a bit.

Comment

Ralf, it looks from the screens that they have. In that one screen shot with the pink writing and all of the roads that everyone hates, it appears that Germany has entered the Industrial Age or something with all of those smoke stacks.

In the same shot, north of Germany is an Asian nation with the wooden buildings they are famous for. Early shots don't show the smokestacks leading me to believe your cities are going to be unique by culture and grow and change with their size and with their age.

Something else I noticed about cities is that they seem to have a center area that is empty. Maybe this is going to allow you to see the units defending the city without attacking or this could be to allow wonders to be seen on the map Either way it would be a nice touch.
                  About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by tniem
                    Ralf, it looks from the screens that they have. In that one screen shot with the pink writing and all of the roads that everyone hates, it appears that Germany has entered the Industrial Age or something with all of those smoke stacks.

In the same shot, north of Germany is an Asian nation with the wooden buildings they are famous for. Early shots don't show the smokestacks leading me to believe your cities are going to be unique by culture and grow and change with their size and with their age.

Something else I noticed about cities is that they seem to have a center area that is empty. Maybe this is going to allow you to see the units defending the city without attacking or this could be to allow wonders to be seen on the map Either way it would be a nice touch.
                    Don't get too excited, maybe it's just the city square, eih? Maybe they could have the Zulus dwelling in mud cottages or whatever they are called while like the Germans would live in stone houses? Interesting, very interesting.
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                    X