Planetary Council

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planetary Council

What I really would like to see implemented in Civ III is the Planetary Council from SMAC. In Civ, it would be something like the UN. You could have different atrocity prohibition proposals, polar caps protection etc.

In the new information from GameSpot it stands:

Civilization III will differ from its predecessor by shifting the focus away from military conflict. Though players can in fact win a game of Civ III by taking control of 75 percent or more of the world's landmass, they can also achieve victory through two new means: either through diplomacy, by building the United Nations and garnering enough support from neighboring countries to be voted into power, or through culture, by encouraging their country's own culture to flourish by improving education and encouraging the arts.
    As far as I can understand, this is what you are asking for.
    But, you know, I am just one of the mass, what do I know...
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Maybe a Un of sorts, it's a wonder right. But I should stay in international thingies, like trying to stop wars. It would be nice if a very atrocius nation would be embargoed from all trade, or if the UN peacekeepers would appear on the battlefield and stop you from attacking?
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Actually it looks promising that this little wish of ours could actually be fulfilled. Lets hope. From some of the little 'hints' in that article, I think there are a lot of things that will be included that we are not expecting.

This is a rollover from SMAC, and I think it is certainly a good move to include it!
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
        X