Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 3 news at gamespot!

Looks like some interesting info

"Though players can in fact win a game of Civ III by taking control of 75 percent or more of the world's landmass, they can also achieve victory through two new means: either through diplomacy, by building the United Nations and garnering enough support from neighboring countries to be voted into power, or through culture, by encouraging their country's own culture to flourish by improving education and encouraging the arts."

check it outhttp://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...801449,00.html
    ----
    "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

75% of the landmass... Interesting.
    I just hope they dont force us to win, so if I take 75% I wont have to win and my points will still count till I win as I want, for example the diplomatic victory.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Something like civ2 where you can keep playing would be nice, though with score calculated, I think

I like the fact you can prevent your people from emigrating by stationing soldiers..hehe
      ----
      "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

News item based on this link posted. Thank you Mahdimael, for the tip.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Hey cool, looking at the new screenshots as well. Note how the borders tuck in neatly behind hills and rivers. These seems like a far more recent screenshot on the first one, but on the last screenshot, they are simple overlays. I think the issue we have is that some of these screenshots are not the same age as the others; some are far later and advanced than the others...

Interesting article, some interesting tidbits of information. What is this about the aqueduct allowing certain types of tile improvement?

It also suggests different gradations of experience for units as well, which is a good thing (mention of veteran and elite). I hope it is a sliding scale model.

There are kinda hints here that there is a lot more to this game than we are expecting, and that Firaxis are just keeping their mouths shut. I hope the pessimists look really stupid after release!
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Screenshot #2

Out of curiousity, what do the T's mean on the advancement chart?
            "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
            "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

Hey, what is that Pyramid building trick? Is that a the thing about being able to buy the wonders so they can be built in one single turn, or what does it mean?

The game itself is now in QA
              What does that mean???
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

QA=Quality Assurance
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

thx
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Actually, I'm wondering about the one-turn wonder building statement as well. Does that mean that there is no way to disband a unit and have count towards the cost of building? Since there are no caravans, it makes sense that you can't apply them towards Wonders. But to prevent building a wonder (or any other unit/improvement) in one turn, you have to disable disbanding altogether (unless disbanding returns no costs).

Comment

What Pyramid Building trick are they talking about???
                      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

i bet those T's are place holders (this has been discussed before!)

this game is going to be so damn cool. i hope it runs on my G3 iMac
                        Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

whats the "pyramid building" trick he is speaking of?

surely it is not just BUYING them.
                          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

The mountains are a bit better now, but they still didnt fix the "UV" font problem.

Comment

That's right. If you have the cash, you should be able to buy any wonder (or unit or improvement) in one turn. They didn't take that feature away did they?

Comment

Working...
                              X