Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no. Not another POLL

Comment

Personally I like the new graphics and I'm sure that the end results will look better than the screenshots that have been posted. After all, the screenshots are months old. Now, before you flame me, read the rest:

I like the new graphics yes, but I don't know if I will like how they affect gameplay. We are talking about a game that has dozens of units, terrains, cities, etc. A game that often takes tens of hours to play; for one game. A game that will be run full-size on a monitor that is at least 15 inches (usually). What have we seen? A dozen or so outdated, shrunk down, compressed screenshots. I think that until we start to play the game we can't really say how the graphics affect the game. Until then, I'm going to say that they look nice.
      The Electronic Hobbit

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre2th
        Oh no. Not another POLL

Does this sequence of smilies mean you are winking when you sleep? BTW Wake up, life's so nice, with all those babes outside.

Comment

I personally really like the look of the screenshots. They are a different style than what appeared in CTP2, but I really think the way they are done give the game a much more epic feel than the graphics of CTP2. And I also agree with everyone else, they are shrunken compressed JPEG images. I bet once you see the graphics full screen with all the movement and everything I bet even Yin will be impressed. Oh, by the way, will somebody larify the whole Yin = Sid thing?! Thanks!!
          DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
          EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
          AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

There’s much unfounded optimism here (compression my ass, the graphics department are working for a rival). Who hired these people?!?

I’m beginning to wonder how blind optimists can win games of civ (“my army’s been wiped off the face of the planet but never mind, I’ve still got a battleship, a submarine and a few pikemen left. I’ll win the war comfortably.”).
            Art is a science having more than seven variables.

Comment

as we all know, a fortified pikeman was worth 10 tanks in previous civ installments

Comment

Originally posted by Trdi

Does this sequence of smilies mean you are winking when you sleep? BTW Wake up, life's so nice, with all those babes outside.
                I want to get as much sleep as possible now so I can play civ3 for a month and a half straight when it comes out

Comment

Working...
                X