No announcement yet.

"Limited Edition" & "Civer's Edition": Remember WAY back? Very positive com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sid is a genius. All this time posting as Yin, making pessimistic people think the game would suck. Yep, this Yin character is a genius.

Comment

Wow! And here all this time I have thought that Yin was some Jerk who is just always negative about everything and won't give anybody or anything a chance!! I should have kept in mind that this is Sid we are talking about and that is just like him to do something like that! He even headed up the Official Apolyton Pessimism Club for a little (until Markos closed it down!) Great job Sid! I don't think anybody here had a clue!! So all this time you have been sitting here reading our complaints and our begging sessions to Firaxis pleading that they give us information on something, and here you have been with all that information! Oh well, I would prefer to be kept in suspens about a lot of the game, that way when it come out I can be amazed by how wonderful it is!
      DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
      EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
      AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

I ... have no words .....

this actually .... wow...

way to go ....

I haven't been posting in the civ forums for a long time , but I was reading and keeping track all the time ...
        wow ... amazing ...

I would like to personally to thank you , Sid , for months of gameplay .

amazing ...

*stands up and leaves , shaking his head in disbelieve*
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

I cannot believe this!!

I was actually talking to Sid Mier!

Either that or.....Yin is really just pulling on everyones legs in a very very big way.
          If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

I'll believe YIn is Sid when sid comes out and says in on the firaxis site. Until then I'm not going to kiss yins smelly feet, I might catch something.

Comment

lol, it's gotta be him. It all makes sense now.
              If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                "Yin" 3 letters

"Sid" also 3 letters

In case anybody is wondering about the "old Yin" from SMAC days, he mailed me one day and apologized, saying he'd post under a new identity from then on and hoped I'd understand he was just trying to help. Of course I understood but asked if I could keep the name "Yin" to post under later on. We've both been having great laughs since.
                Oh my God! You're so shocked by Civ III weak points that you lose your mind!
                What a tragedy! The man once helped to realize so great task as The Longest Incredible Suggestions Thorah of all the TBS games ever is now gone forever!

Now, can someone send a message to the Seul equivalent to 911 emergency number? Meantime Yin, if you can listen to me, take two of the brown pills. No, not those yellow, the browns!
                "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                - Admiral Naismith

Comment

are people still considering that crap might be true? it's not even funny, why are you guys even talking about it?

Comment

are people still considering that crap might be true? it's not even funny, why are you guys even talking about it?

Comment

yeah...

at least somebody here must be Sid...

:banned: <- hadn't seen that one
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Hmmm, I really don't know what to think about the Yin=Sid connection.

Hey Markos, any input from your court concerning this dilemma?
                        "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                        "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Heh, funny one Sid *ahem* Yin
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

ooh ooh i have an idea .... maybe.... ITS NOT #^@%@^$#% TRUE!@!!!! ever consider that???

Im sorry, but its just not true. it just cant be. sid meier would not have enough time to do all that posting, and even moderating Its got to be a load of bs. if it isn't, you fooled me way too well and too long, sid, and im sorry, but i really believe that its not possible that yin is sid. im with whoever said that i want to see it somewhere official (ala the firaxis site)
                            And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Working...
                            X