What I Think About Civilization 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't just blame Markos now .
    Actually, Civ II had little absolutely new ideas in it. The new units were nice, and interface was smoother, but actually it was the same thing, really with better graphics though.
    Diplomacy - in Civ 2 it didn't improve much over Civ 1.
    Trade - the same thing, build a caravan and send to another city to generate a trade route. Good for economy, but pretty boring.
    AI - It still missed lots of chariots getting those Phalanxes I fortified in mountain fortifications.
    There were two things I liked about Civ 2, these being Helicopters and Cruise Missiles. But Civ 3 has much better diplomacy, cooler advisors, interesting good & culture system. Wish the final version would be here now . But make the AI good, guys.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

okay, but what about that one online game that came out recently, that was so buggy the developers put a big list of bugs on their web site, and asked reviewers not to review the game until they worked out the bugs, but the reviewers were like, 'yeah right! as long as you are taking money from people who are expecting a working game we will review your game'. alright, it's true this is an online game so it's a little different, but it's scary, how far will a company be willing to go? i'm not saying civ3 isnt ready, who knows? firaxis never tells us anything. what do u think?
      Project Leader of Civiliza, an Alternative Civilization game based on Civ 2.

Comment

To throw my two cents in:

I bought Civ II and was not impressed. It was the same game as Civ I that I had been playing non-stop for five years.

So they made it so that my battleship would not lose to a militia, a good improvement, but something that could have been fixed in a patch.

So they improved graphics, the graphics were not even that good for the day they were released.

So they improved diplomacy, I still had people changing from allies to war in a turn without any reason.

The list could go on of the things that were improved that I was not impressed by. Civ II was a rehash - a great game yes but only because it was a rehash of a greater game for its day.

Now, though, I am encouraged by Civ III because it is making some radical changes but unlike CTP each of them make sense. Each change is a slight adjustment to the game that will have a profound effect. I look forward to Civ III.
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

So they made it so that my battleship would not lose to a militia, a good improvement, but something that could have been fixed in a patch.
          Well of course not, there was no militia unit in civ2.

Comment

Working...
          X