No announcement yet.

Does Firaxis really read our posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know even occasional visits from a Firaxian makes me somehow more optimistic. I really appreciate that we now know that Firaxis does listen somewhat. Firaxis posting breeds optimism.
    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins
      Firaxis posting breeds optimism.
      Ain't that the truth

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins
        Firaxis posting breeds optimism.
        I have to agree. Although we still do not much in the way of new information, at least we know that they are noticing the thoughts and frustration (more recent) of the community. Whether they should or want to address the concerns somehow is another matter.
        "Pessimism: Every dark cloud has a silver lining, but lightning kills hundreds of people each year who are trying to find it." - demotivational poster

"It's not rocket scientry, you know." -anonymous co-worker

Comment

Now that I've thought about it, I think Firaxis was just waiting for more of the game to be solidified before they said too much. If they said something that later got changed, people here would probably yell even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre2th
            Now that I've thought about it, I think Firaxis was just waiting for more of the game to be solidified before they said too much. If they said something that later got changed, people here would probably yell even more.
            You are probally right, but then again if they tell us now we could say what we think about the idea, which by the time we get thet info,I'm guessing late Sept., it will be too late to change much.
            Civ=pi CivII=pi*d CivCTP=pi*r^2 CivIII=4/3pi*r^3 (hopefully)
            Civ pi= It's coming
            P.S. pi=(about)3.14159

Comment

I think were gonna have some seriously Freaked out Civ fans here soon baby YEAH MAN YEAH YEAH ! ! !

OH YEAH MAN EVERYTHING IS GONNA GO NUTS ! ! !

guess im the only one?
              "Its a great day for Hockey"
              - Badger Bob Johnson -

Comment

[CYNICAL]

So, it really needs only a Firaxian to show up, post once and everything is better? I have this eerie feeling that they are only LOL:ling when reading these posts, and getting fun of our ridiculous speculations... If they are reading them, that is...
                [/CYNICAL]

But frankly, I don't want them to use worktime to check out Apolyton, but to use it making the game The Game of the beginning of the 21st century.
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I've seen multiple posts from Mike, Dan, and Jeffrey in just the last week--and those were all ones where they were signed in under their actual names. I'm guessing that there are Firaxians amongst us who come in under pseudonyms, as well. In fact, I saw a post the other day that I would swear was Sid!

Of course, the critical question may just be: has Elvis, in fact, left the building?

Comment

Originally posted by DATarbell
                    In fact, I saw a post the other day that I would swear was Sid!
                    :drool:
                    LINK! LINK! LINK!
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

you mean yin=sid affair? i thought there were enough demantis

Comment

Definitely not the Yin=Sid nonsense. And no, I won't link to, or say who, I suspect for two obvious reasons. First, out of respect for his privacy. And second, so I don't look like a complete blithering idiot when it's revealed that the person I suspect is just a 13-year old with good grammar and a decent sense of humor.

Still, it seems reasonable to me that Firaxians would 'travel amongst us' under aliases. Hasn't this been suggested and/or discussed before?

Comment

Originally posted by DATarbell
                          Of course, the critical question may just be: has Elvis, in fact, left the building?
                          Hell yeah, where's Elvis in Civ3?

Comment

Working...
                          X