civ 3 limited edition??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civ 3 limited edition??

I was just checking on EBworld and it lists two different types of Civ3 boxes available...a normal edition for $49.99 and a "limited edition" for $64.99. Both ship on 10/16/01, according to the site.

The link is :
    http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=207765&mscssid=&ref=1&PromoCode=&site=&siteID=

for the limited edition and

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=202330&mscssid=&ref=1&PromoCode=&site=&siteID=

for the normal edition

Of course, this begs the question: what will the limited edition have in it?
    ----
    "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Interesting..... Maybe they're planning to include the old civ with it or some fancy extras (posters and whatnot). OR.... People are getting confused again. The site says that Microprose is the publisher, so it's possible that some of that information is wrong. But then I don't know how to explain the Limited Edition.

EDIT: Maybe they plan to release the alpha version of the game first as the limited edition, then the full, finished game later. LOL

Comment

And WTF is Civilization3 PCHB?
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Looks like the Strategy guide. If you look to the bottom, it says the publisher is Prima, the guide company.

Vitmore
        "We should not go out and conquer the people, but give them no other choice in their minds but to be conquered." - Me

Comment

MOTHYER FAWKER. I ALREADY ORDERED CIV3. NOW THEY OFFER LIMITED EDITION CRAP!?

FIRAXIS I AM SUING YOUR ASS.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

PCHB: PC hint Book.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I would think the limited edition comes with the older version of the game (civ1/ maybe civ2), some high quality tech tree or something, and maybe a few trinkets.

I'm always reminded of the old Ultima games...their normal releases always came with a cloth map and a few little trinkets, as well as well-written manuals. Those were the days, my friend.
              ----
              "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

I remember a few days ago when I was looking for a copy of Civ2 MGE that I ran accross something called Civ3 Collectors Ed at Chips & Bits, it was slated to be realsed at the same time that Civ3 is supposed to go as well. Sorry but I do not have a link to the page.

wonder what is in these speical ed/collectors ed boxes? would like to know before I spend 60-80 bucks on one.
                Last edited by CivPatriot; July 27, 2001, 22:21.

Comment

It seems kind of wierd that they would be releasing collector and limited editions right along with the main release. Usually the main game has been out for several years before they release a collectors edition of it. If anybody finds out the difference please let us know!
                  DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
                  EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
                  AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

Well, I do think it's kind of odd that ebworld.com is offering Civ 3 and Civ 3 Limited Edition, but fails to give you a clue as to what the difference is.
                    I simply preordered the Limited Edition for $65, hoping that something else is in there that's worth the extra $15. If not, oh, well.
                    I noticed something else...Regular Civ 3 is priced at $49.99 The Prima guide is priced at $14.99. That's kinda close to $65, isn't it? I'll admit I'll be a bit dissapointed if Civ 3 Limited Edition is just Civ3 with a strategy guide thrown in.
                    --Teeks

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre2th
                      The site says that Microprose is the publisher, so it's possible that some of that information is wrong.
                      That could be the case...they put a release date on it, too! Just wait until the game gets delayed a month or two and all those people who pre-ordered complain.
                      "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                      "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Originally posted by JellyDonut

That could be the case...they put a release date on it, too! Just wait until the game gets delayed a month or two and all those people who pre-ordered complain.
                        I hadn't thought of that... That'll be ugly.

Before I plunk down an additional 15 bucks for a "Limited edition" version of Civ3, I'd like to know a bit more about the "plain old-nuthing fancy" Civ3...
                        "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk." -Tuco Benedicto Juan Ramirez
                        "I hate my hat, I hate my clubs, I hate my life" -Marcia
                        "I think it would be a good idea."
                        - Mahatma Ghandi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization

Comment

By the way, Civ3 was already rated as "E" in some magazine's full-page commercial. Those prices don't look that good... as one USD is nowadays seven Finnish marks, Civ3 is going to cost as much as those over-priced Microsoft simulators (unless EB is over-princing their pre-orders)...
                          Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

The CTP2 strategy guide was $20. is anyone going to by the guide for Civ 3?
                            Alex

Comment

Stategy Guide

Why buy the guide when you have Apolyton? I figure that the whole board will be full of good ideas, complaints, bug announcements, etc... So I have no intention of buying it.

I would like to see the Ltd ed. or the Collectors Ed (what ever it is called) filled with goodies(maybe a poster for Civ, Civ2 and Civ3 each in them) or maybe a model of one of the speical units in the game..

Comment

Working...
                              X