Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Apolyton Optimist Civers Club (OFAOPCiCLu): Not worried about applicants

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

proud president of OfAOpCiClu

Well, I can’t found my own club since Markos objects any new ones and since nobody is interested in my Official Apolyton Non-Aligned Civers Club anyway. So, I’ll join this cosy club because Yin’s pessimism is creepy, because Cyber is too missionary in his realism and because I like RAH’s sense of humour.

I’ll just have to work a bit on my attitude since I’m a natural born sceptic.

Does anyone have half a gram of soma perhaps?
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Re: proud president of OfAOpCiClu

Originally posted by Colon
      I’ll just have to work a bit on my attitude since I’m a natural born sceptic.
      That sounds to me like you are a pessimist at heart. JOIN THE WINNING TEAM! You wont even have to change your ways cuz your already one of us. As for being creepy.... nah he is just motivated lol.
      "If peeping your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis" - Billy Madison
      "i know there was something i was supposed to do today..... Drink 5 daiquiris.... No u did that" -Billy Madison
      "just call me santa with a pissed off attitutde" - ME
      AIM is beckdawg83 and MSN is beckdawg83@hotmail.com

Comment

"That sounds to me like you are a pessimist at heart."

Scepticism and pessimism are 2 different things, the former is a belief that the worst will happen while the latter implies that you question something.

Besides, I'm not the only sceptic in this club, Ming is so too, but he joined anyway because he intends to find out who this RAH fella really is.
        If there's one person who's blindly optimistic, it's Imran. He'd even be optimistic if Brian and Sid themselves say civ3 sucks.

BTW, what’s the point of these clubs anyway, we can’t go on a warpath against each other or anything like that. Are we just going to cheer when our claims turn out to be true?

Oh bummer, I was sceptical.

When's the soma distribution? I really could use several grams...
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I guess I'm just a lamb to the slaughter...

Fitting, no? Maybe our avatars can be like our gang colours. If we see anybody else with a remotely agriculturally-themed avatar, we lynch 'em.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

how optimistic are you guys about the realistic club ?
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Well, I can’t found my own club since Markos objects any new ones and since nobody is interested in my Official Apolyton Non-Aligned Civers Club anyway. So, I’ll join this cosy club because Yin’s pessimism is creepy, because Cyber is too missionary in his realism and because I like RAH’s sense of humour.
              Yeah, you know that you can't found another club because of the terrible thing Mark did to my club. He closed the whole thread. Now that was uncalled for. I'm sorry Mark but it's stupid for you to do that. It's not like there is anything better to do around here. Right now there could be Yin's, Rah's, Cybershy's, Grumbold's, Colon's, and mine. Now that would have been better than just three clubs. I don't fit into any of these clubs. I only fit into my club. So I guess I'll remain the sole member to my club forever. People can join still if you want to. It just won't be marked down, which really doesn't matter. I'm not sure what club I think is the best out of three, though. You people are way too optimistic. Yin's people are bunch of mindless followers, looking for Yin at every time of need. Cybershy is way too fanatic. That's my opinion. I think Yin's would prob. have to be the best. One peson I know who would like to join this club is Rasputin, where ever he is at. Well, anyways good luck to this club.
              However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

I'm in!

Civ3 will be my first ever PREORDER. I want to make sure I don't have to wait until it's reissued, since I know it will disappear off the shelf whenever it arrives.

Which will be "When It's Done"

And I get to be a president of this club, that's always cool
                Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Being an eternal optimist, I hereby declare myself President for Life!
                  Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                  Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

My heart is glad. A fine start to this club.
                    Lot's of presidents.
                    Fortunately we will not waver when confronted with "Negative Waves".
                    Welcome ALL.

Nice avatar KH.

When I get a few extra minutes, I'll put a roster together.

Awaiting tomorrow's info release with enthusiastic optimism.

RAH
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I need help

Where's the soma godammit, I can't ban the negative waves without the stuff forever you know.

Comment

Colon, you don't need soma. Use the power of your mind to counter the waves of depression without resorting to artificial 'cures'

Comment

But why? Soma is good, one cubic centimetre cures ten gloomy sentiments.

Comment

I prefer my brain cells. Go read Shakespeare instead ... He has some comedies, you know.
                            And no, I can't quote...

Comment

Working...
                            X