I'm not surprised that Firaxis ceased to post on apolyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Post
    Last edited by Sabre2th; July 27, 2001, 11:44.

Comment

hm, this was posted a couple of minutes ago
      That is actually from an old thread of mine.

Click Here

Since that time, Infogrames has released requirements. I don't know if these are Firaxis's official specs, but they sound about right.

Pentium 300 mhz
      32 megs or ram
      100 megs of hard drive space (+50 for swapfile)
      4X CD-Rom
      DirectX 7 compatible video card (must be able to display 1024x768x16bit)
      DirectX 7 compatible sound card
      Windows 95/98/ME/2000

Infogrames Civ3

Comment

cyber
        mr president,
        any chance you can check your private messages?

Comment

It could be worse; Firaxis could have pulled an Ion Storm and began flaming Yin and the other critics. The fact that they haven't shows that they have SOME people skills...
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

You guys and children are sick and pathetic. I really, really hope that all you that are so pessimistic about not having your ego stroked by Firaxis that you will just go away and never concern yourself with Civ3 ever again.

That would leave the intelligent types around to discuss Civ3-Strategies and Civ3-Scenario Leagues when Civ3 releases without all of the immature, whining clutter.

So there.

Comment

Jeez, Buc... that was harsh .

Ah well, I'm a damned blind optimist anyway. Down with the Pessimists!
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I think the problem is that there has been no new information upon which to base discussions of strategy, tactics, features, etc.
                The screenshots that have been released have created some good discussions about what civs and units are in the game, as well as giving the graphics a good beating. With the vast Apolyton crowd commenting though, we go through those bits of information very quickly and are left wanting more. In the end, more information = more quality discussion as opposed to threads on pessimism and realism.
                "Pessimism: Every dark cloud has a silver lining, but lightning kills hundreds of people each year who are trying to find it." - demotivational poster

"It's not rocket scientry, you know." -anonymous co-worker

Comment

Working...
                X