No announcement yet.

Engineer commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark: you cant STOP ICS with anything short of a city-cap.

but making settlers cost 2 pop points makes it so sleezers have to WAIT a few turns before building their next sleaze city.

and the whole culture-model will really discourage ICS.

but hell, after about a month of playing, im sure i could find a way to manage a sleezing civ, weilding 100 cities, it's just a matter of time before SOMEONE figures it out.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I think that the settlers costing 2 pop points will slow down growth, but not necessarily in a bad way. however, i also don't think it will SOLVE icq.

i think the barbarian idea based on culture that was posted a few weeks ago is a REAL good idea which is also realistic.

i also think that there should be a "queue" of commands to give settlers. . if not each specific instruction, than at least guidlines so they don't get retarded while on auto . .
      -connorkimbro
      "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

As far as "auto-build" mode goes, it may be like SMAC (sorry, Rasputin, for making the comparison): auto-road, auto-irrigation, auto-pollution clean-up, auto- mine....

So, you'd have specialized auto-workers with thier jobs determined by a pull-down menu... That's what I'd expect.
        "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk." -Tuco Benedicto Juan Ramirez
        "I hate my hat, I hate my clubs, I hate my life" -Marcia
        "I think it would be a good idea."
        - Mahatma Ghandi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization

Comment

Well the things u guys said about setlers are right on as far as i have heard. Going back to talking about the setlers "bugging off"(nice line from top gun by the way), in SMAC you could tell a former unit to improve home city. I also think you could tell it to improve just a certain city. It kind of worked but didn't always build what you would have built yourself. Still it was better than all that micro management in my opinion. I just thought i would add my 2 cents in here. I assume Civ 3 will have something of this nature in it.
          "If peeping your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis" - Billy Madison
          "i know there was something i was supposed to do today..... Drink 5 daiquiris.... No u did that" -Billy Madison
          "just call me santa with a pissed off attitutde" - ME
          AIM is beckdawg83 and MSN is beckdawg83@hotmail.com

Comment

Well the things u guys said about setlers are right on as far as i have heard. Going back to talking about the setlers "bugging off"(nice line from top gun by the way), in SMAC you could tell a former unit to improve home city. I also think you could tell it to improve just a certain city. It kind of worked but didn't always build what you would have built yourself. Still it was better than all that micro management in my opinion. I just thought i would add my 2 cents in here. I assume Civ 3 will have something of this nature in it.
            "If peeping your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis" - Billy Madison
            "i know there was something i was supposed to do today..... Drink 5 daiquiris.... No u did that" -Billy Madison
            "just call me santa with a pissed off attitutde" - ME
            AIM is beckdawg83 and MSN is beckdawg83@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Beckdawg
              It kind of worked but didn't always build what you would have built yourself.
              What if you could tell the engineer what you wanted - "I'll have 15 farmland and 5 mines, please. And if you see any polluiton, jolly well clear it up"!
              Art is a science having more than seven variables.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                Now that they have stacks we should be able to send a whole stack of engineers out to do one thing and have it completed in proportional time. If one engineer takes 10 turns to irrigate a square 5 engineers should do it in 2.
                Any ideas of whether this will be the case or not? I would like to see it implemented, maybe with limitations such as number of engineers that can be stacked.
                "Pessimism: Every dark cloud has a silver lining, but lightning kills hundreds of people each year who are trying to find it." - demotivational poster

"It's not rocket scientry, you know." -anonymous co-worker

Comment

Working...
                X