Poll: MP zones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: MP zones

rah's mouthwatering review of multiplayer just gave me an idea....
    if one can preorder civ3, one should also be able to predesign civ3 groups for MP. my guess is that rasputing and yin might go along fine in their time zones, i'm in 'yurip' like uncle funk, provost, solver, etc....and i do need to list all the guys in the usa. how about a little sign up sheet to check where we are, timezoneswise....?
    Yinland (Asia/Pacific)
    8.33%
    Yurip (wholly-owned US subsidiary)
    58.33%
    East Coast (Sister Miriam followers)
    25.00%
    West Coast (about to sink)
    8.33%

The poll is expired.

What exactly is the point of this? The choices are very vague too, as well as there not being many choices.
    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

hm well
      just thought it would give a clearer idea as to how many mp apolytoners are in each time zone. i guess everyone will be able to play only during the night....
      it might be just another stupid poll

Comment

just thought it would give a clearer idea as to how many mp apolytoners are in each time zone. i guess everyone will be able to play only during the night....
        Yeah, most people will primarily be playing with people that have time zones near them. So I don't think this poll is really that important.

Yeah, it diffently is. No offence or anything.
        However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

no europe ?
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

no australia !!!
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Yurip = Europe in Dubyaspeak (eerily similar to Newspeak in George Orwell's "1984." That's ungood.)
              "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
              "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

australia falls into yinzone

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso
                  hm well
                  You said it yourself...
                  Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
                  If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
                  "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

well, not that the other polls were much smarter (do you think civ 3 will be good/out in october/in a box and other feats of precognition). i just jumped on the bandwagon.

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso
                      australia falls into yinzone
                      No yins round here ..... !!!!
                      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I hope to play a lot of PBEM MP games with Civ III so I really don't care what time zone you live in.

I just don't have time to waste waiting to make sure someone is logged into the proper ISP number and then play a game for 6+ hours. I wish I could, but I have other things to do like post here.
                        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Illinois! 90 miles away from Ming! However, like others on this thread, I prefer PBEM.

Comment

well you can have 2 3-hrs sessions. ever played civ on board? it was impossible to complete in 12 hrs sitting....

Comment

US, Central time.
                              1 mile from Ming

I usually play 5-8 hour sessions on Friday (from Ming's)
                              And Saturday from home.

RAH
                              Make time for things you enjoy.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X