2 New Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 New Maps

If your civ launches a satellite, a new map can detect.

RADAR MAP
    -
    -Detects SAM Batteries and all buildings unless the buildings are camoflauged
    -Detects all armies in the city

UNDERSEA MAP
    -
    -If a submarine net is set up to detect all things passing through the net it can detect through radar all sea submarines.
    (2100 or such advent for this map type)
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

I don't see how this suggestion adds to the game. All it does is add extra micromanagement and undoes the simplicity involved in the current civ series map style.

Remember ToT, with multiple maps where your cities were, don't add this 'feature'. It will not make the game more fun or make me want to play the end game, I will make sure to end all competition in the Fifth-century A.D. thank you very much.
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Test of Time's feature worked perfect!

I believe that it will add extra depth to an aready good game.

There *may* be *some* degree of micromanagement... but not an excessive amount, maybe adding 10 minutes to each game.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

to un-civ for me.
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Sounds aright to me, if its done right.
          Alex

Comment

that's a big IF

Comment

Yeah it is.
              Alex

Comment

Re: 2 New Maps

Recon satellites are in wipespread use around the globe (even by "third world" countries). If you want a realistic game, I see no reason for holding back.

There should be heavy costs involved (I'm talking mega bucks) for research and building the rocket/launch site and a 10-20% chance of failure.

If you argue that it would add a layer of pointless micromanagement you may be right, but you can always choose not to develop such a system!
                Art is a science having more than seven variables.

Comment

I think that the more you put into your satellite, the better it will be when launched...improvements would cost almost as much as a new one though...

Comment

Working...
                  X