Ugliest Game of 2001?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugliest Game of 2001?

I'd like to put in the first vote. "But it's the GAMEPLAY, Yin!" Puke. "You must NOT be a real TBSer, Yin!" Puke puke gag! "Yin, you are an annoying, moronic, whanker!" O.K. Sure. But look at this damn screenshot! C'mon, even if you hate me and all I stand for (see my avatar), you HAVE to agree this is just sad:

I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

damn these work computers !!! they cant see images stored at htpp://apolyton.net only at http://www.apolyton.net
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

You probably already saw it, but here's the direct link: http://www.fgnonline.com/media/pc/news/busy.jpg. Frightening, ain't it?
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

ahhh even worse a gaming site.... the Net Nanny tpye software is too clever for that
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Alex

Comment

Good grief! I hadn't realized the true hideousness of the graphics before seeing this screenshot.

I am not one to worry too much about graphics but these screenshots are well below the level of CTP2. I would almost prefer the old Civ 2 graphics especially considering the unspeakable greens and blues here.

Hopefully the optimists are right and these are just preliminary shots but why release them then? I am begining to fear the worst.

Comment

I'll agree that the pink is awful. The only other problem is those damn mountains.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

hey yin, you just got elected! you dont need to remind people why you're the best man for the job!
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

LOL! True. I'll just sit back and enjoy my new avatar for a while until something new gets revealed.

Comment

As I mentioned in my civ coulors thread I dont think i'll be able to take those pink knights seriously....they just remind me of some
                    foam candy I ate once.
                    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

What a truly nauseating pink color. And those roads don't fit in well with mountains. In fact, now I'm starting to see that those roads are pretty bad. And those oceans, too, need changing. Otherwise, I'm not as pessimistic as Yin26. Worst graphics of the year? Hardly.
                      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

are they using drugs

the whole scenery looks very psychodelic. are firaxis team using some very powerful hallucinogenic or is it that they are colour blind.
                        i agree, this looks as ugly as yin's avatar

Comment

I disagree...

Originally posted by Stefu
                          Worst graphics of the year? Hardly.
                          I think it would be hard to find a recent, professionally made game with worse graphics.

Irrigated land looks brutal (or is it swamp with some straight waterways?). There is no elevation change between land and sea, and then huge odd-looking mountains pop out of the flatness.

I had hoped they would come up with a smart method of reducing the "spaghetti effect" of roads (ie there does not have to be a road in every direction out of a tile if the surrounding tiles are looked at intelligently).

Comment

mmm... an interesting screenshot... since i have a low connection modem, i usually only load up one or two screenshots. So I have never seen this one. You can hardly make any of those units out... its a shame Firaxis had to be so close minded on the graphics... its also kinda wierd how they did it, choosing one painting to go off of.

But what I find the most repulsing are those stupid floating heads!! Ugh! Come on... 3d/Computer created people never look like real people... and having heads just floating around is just so bad. I'd would wrather see a menu/clickable button for the advisors and have the advisor some little cutesy thing (Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Etc comes to mind) than have these horrably animated computer drawn people.

And should your borders really go over water? I mean, is that really needed? It looks just as bad as the roads floating over mountians, and the mushy swampy irrigated tiles.

I think everyone is aware of the horrable road job thats done here... i guess the days of endless rail/road on every tile isn't over? Also the units do the same thing roads do over mountains... the units are kinda standing on top of the city.. not with in it, or near it, or something, but directly over it.

Its as if Firaxis wants us to dislike their game or something by giving out these screenshots.
                            "Mr. Chambers! Don't get on that ship! We've mastered the book, To Serve Man.... it - its a cook book!"

Comment

has anyone considered that what we see is distorted by the jpeg compression? guess not....
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                              X