Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you satisfied with the Civs included?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eh. Iraqis. Iroquois. Big difference.

I wasn't really being serious, though. If I had been, I would've cut a lot harder.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
      Eh. Iraqis. Iroquois. Big difference.
      I wasn't really being serious, though.
      Now you're talking!
      "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
      Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
      Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
      Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Re: Are you satisfied with the Civs included?

Originally posted by Alex 14
        Currently everything looks perfect, the only thing i'm not sure about is the Iraqis.
        If you ment the Iroquois, they are definitively in:
        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Alex 14, don't you think this poll is a little bit too premature? We don't know all 16 civs that will be in the game. You should have waited until all 16 civs were confirmed by Firaxis.
          However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

I voted mostly because i dont know if my babylonians are in or not. if so i am entirely satisfied, if not change my vote to not satisfied and slightly angry.

Comment

i never play as the babylonians, theyre the perfect bi0tch civ.

their programming makes them form small, well developed cities and a mainly defensive military.

all you have to do is be bigger than them, and have a presence nearby.

i remember one of my first games of civ (i think i was on prince), i started right near babylon, and built cities around them, keeping them from the coast.

every turn i demanded gold, and got it
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

damn, i must be dizzy, i mean IROQUOIS . Techwins, i think we do know most of the civs, or at least to know if we are currently satisfied with them .
                Alex

Comment

I am mostly satifsied with the choice of civs. The thing I have a problem with is not the civs themselves but with the number, I think there should be at least 32 civs, not 16. Other than that, it's a good selection, though I would have liked to see the Arabs and Spanish in as well.

(BTW joseph, you *can* change the wonder movies in CtP, it just isn't done because including 32 new movies in a mod makes the download so huge)
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I have seen the Spanish city of Salamanca on a screenshot, so I think they are in...
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

As pointed out in the 'Civs included' thread, Salamanca is also an Iroquois city, so I think they're not in.
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                        (BTW joseph, you *can* change the wonder movies in CtP, it just isn't done because including 32 new movies in a mod makes the download so huge)
                        Thanks for the info. I did not know that, and since Wes, you, harlan and the rest of the people who helped making the mod did not change any of movies, I thought they were hard coded.

Comment

I voted hardly, because I think Mayans or Incas should be included instead of Iroquois and still think, there should be rather 32 choices instead of 16.
                          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Yeah, i think the option to creat your own civ is good, but it wont let you creat a custom leader will it?
                            Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex 14
                              Yeah, i think the option to creat your own civ is good, but it wont let you creat a custom leader will it?
                              Im sure it will, but unless you want to make all the leader animations on your own I dont think it will be the same...
                              It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

They should create a "generic leader" animation for custom civs if you don't create your own.
                                "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                                "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Working...
                                X