No announcement yet.

small bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in case anyone wonders, the inaccurate grammar is caused by "Anarchy" being a string variable in the box. so it's not a spelling error...

Comment

so it's not a spelling error...
      In the actual text, not the options, there is a grammar error.
      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_funk
          in case anyone wonders, the inaccurate grammar is caused by "Anarchy" being a string variable in the box. so it's not a spelling error...
          They didn't correct the grammar because all the actual government types begin with a consonant.

Not much of a bug, though. if you choose to stick with anarchy, you are in anarchy until oedo year. if you begin a revolution, you are in anarchy until oedo year.
          Works out the same either way.
          Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
          ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

in the actual text, it says: Your current government is a Anarchy.

the word "Anarchy" in the text is a flexible variable. the code of the box may look something like this: "Your current government is a [print=GovType]."

This way they don't have to make a unique Governments box for every single government.

Comment

In actuality, it coul be in your favour or not. If you choose to revolt at a time when you haven't just discovered a gov't tech, doesn't the oedo year system go out the window?
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                In actuality, it coul be in your favour or not. If you choose to revolt at a time when you haven't just discovered a gov't tech, doesn't the oedo year system go out the window?
                I don't think so. if it's 1812 and the next oedo year is 1814, then you will be given a choice about which government to choose at the beginning of your 1814 turn. whether you choose to revolt from anarchy or not.

the only difference when using this particular prompt, is if you discover the gov tech on the oedo year. say - you discover republic in 1812 and 1812 is an oedo year - the tech is discovered in the housekeeping before your actual turn begins, and this message asking if you want to revolt appears during this phase also. you could then revolt, and the last thing before taking your turn is to choose your government.
                In that case, the above "bug" still wouldn't make any difference. you could revolt from anarcy or not, and you would still be choosing you gov at the beginning of your turn. (Except I don't think that could happen, because Idon't think you can do research in anarchy. maybe I'm wrong.)

the oedo system is pretty much intact no matter what.
                Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Why are you all reporting a civ2 bug on the civ3 forum? It really doesn't make any sense. We really don't have a clue what 'undocumented features' are going to be included with civ3. Let us hope it is nothing like CtP2 where it all too often chewed up saved games and the AI really did, quite literally, mind it's own business...
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                    Let us hope it is nothing like CtP2 where it all too often chewed up saved games and the AI really did, quite literally, mind it's own business...
                    Not anymore. At least now that Modswapper, Med Pack II, Cradle of Civ and Apolyton Pack are out.

As it looks right now from comments:
                    Med Pack II - AI is stronger in defense, economically, scientifically and diplomatically.
                    Cradle - Warmonger frenzied AI, raging barbarians.
                    Apolyton - Mixture of the two.

Comment

Working...
                    X