Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firsts

another thing for civ 4 firaxis

global "firsts" should benefit civs, like the first civ to circum-navigate the globe gets an extra movement point or something.

then people would be racing with trimeres, only to end up back home.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

global "firsts" should benefit civs, like the first civ to circum-navigate the globe gets an extra movement point or something.
    as seen in ctp2.... activision prolly has patents on those

I would prefer support for a flexible scripting environment within the game

Comment

i have never played ctp (anything)
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

This concept could be expanded upon a lot. It could apply to reaching the poles or getting a city of a certain size, etc.
        "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
        "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

I don't think there should be ingame bonuses, except maybe a culture bonus (history reminds us of all the firsts). There should definately be point bonuses though, even though many are like me and never look at the points I'd say any civ is greater for being the first to believe in linear time or the first to take on a democratic government (arguable, but I'd have to say that the first democracies were better than the alternatives - corrupt Monarchy, tyrannical (modern use of the aforementioned word) Dictatorship, and totalitarian Oligarchy).
          Your.Master

High Lord of Good

You are unique, just like everybody else.

Comment

I didn't really like that option in Ctp2...
            Alex

Comment

Well, I actually liked that concept. The feat of Wonder.
              It's a bit like in civ1 where you had random events.

Like: "A flood has destroyed your granary in city x."

It adds a little spontanity in the game.
              Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
              If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
              "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

Originally posted by Your.Master
                I'd say any civ is greater for being the first to believe in linear time or the first to take on a democratic government
                Or at least the first to stay a democracy for x turns. Otherwise it would be possible to change to democracy, then straight back again.

I actually think that CTP1/2 had lots of ideas in them that were very good, Feats of Wonder being one of them. First nation to conquer another civilization gets a moral boost in the army, the first time a city is reconquered by its former owner gives a happiness bonus etc. Good idea.
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by campmajor!
                  Well, I actually liked that concept. The feat of Wonder.
                  It's a bit like in civ1 where you had random events.

Like: "A flood has destroyed your granary in city x."

It adds a little spontanity in the game.
                  I like these civ1 random events too.

They were brilliant, and the feat of wonder is not bad idea either...
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                  X