No announcement yet.

The Best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say that masturbation is more of a pursuit, along the lines of coin collecting.

Back on topic, Civ is the best game ever invented. It beats monopoly, it beats drinking games, it even beats chess. You get to take over the world in Civ. That's what I'm looking for in a game.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

world conquest

not always the way i play, thats why i love diplo games, conquest or winning isnt always the goal !! the playing itself is the biggest part of the fun
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Best?

Best is just so opininated. What makes something the best?

Highest selling? Well other games have certainly beat it.
        Multiplayer? Takes too long.
        Graphics? Civ, yeah right.
        Innovative? Maybe the first one but since then only refinements.

But yes, I think the original Civ is by far the best computer game I ever played in comparisons to the competition. Civ II was to much of the same for me. It was fun and I bought it and everything else to play. But the original is probably the best game in comparison to the market.
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

i said no. civ is not the best game.

civ 3 MIGHT surpass the rts MOON PROJECT, with it's 3 fullly developable tech trees, tunnels, and advanced trading, and it might even surpass fps such as tribes 2 or CS.

i go through gaming cycles, where i obsess over a gave for a month and goto the next one, i am currently in a tribes 2 mood.

anyway, civ2 is old, and i still play it. so it has to count for something.

its not like i play Wolfenstein 3d or doom anymore
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

the concept of civ1 is by far my favorite game of all time for a video game. Like others , the idea of running an empire appeals greatly to me.......

civ 2 improved in many areas and stayed the same in others..... but it wasn't as innovated as the first......

still..... i love civ2 and MP is time consuming but i play twice a week and thats about it...... its my x2 hobby i spend more time chasing girls
            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Civ2 is THE best computer game ever released, but the best game ever is chess, definitely.

P.S. masturbation is not a game; you win too often.
              "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
              "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

I believe there can not be one game voted as the best.

Civilization is an excellent game, but so are games like Perfect Dark.
                Alex

Comment

trdi, this poll is definitely the worst one i have seen on this site. sorry

Comment

What do you think with that, the questions in the pole? I think they're OK. I'm interested in that so I made a pole. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex 14
                      I believe there can not be one game voted as the best.

Civilization is an excellent game, but so are games like Perfect Dark.
                      it is all subjective, and im my little world Civ is the best
                      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Civ is definitely the best computer game ever. IMHO, Diplomacy is the best game ever (but NOT the computer version!).

Comment

Yay! Another Diplomacy player! I am really bad at that but I love it anyhow...

Comment

Computer game, anyway.

Chess is the greatest game!

[stupid fingers and their typos]
                            Last edited by Earwicker; July 20, 2001, 14:35.

Comment

Chess is imbalanced...ever since I found out that white wins 70% of the games...

Comment

There is a card in the original set of Trivial Pursuit that asks, "What is Henry Kissinger's favorite board game?" The answer: Diplomacy!

Comment

Working...
                                X