No announcement yet.

how many civs at the same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, one preview said all of the playable civs (16 of them) will be able to be in one game at the same that. That's 16 at the same time.
    Previews can be very unreliable. So I'm not too sure about that. I'm not going to believe how many civs are going to be playable at once in the game until Firaxis has a 100% confirmation on it.

i assumed Salamanca is a spanish city. my fault, it used to be a roman one.
    I was actually hoping you might have some other proof to show me because I want the Spanish to be in the game.
    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

scenarios

As a scenario player im concerned with this issue, however I would note that most historical scenario situations do NOT require 16 or more playable civs. Any increase from the current 7 + 1 (barb civ) would be helpful, and the diminishing returns come in quickly. An eigth and ninth playable civ would have made it possible to seperate Punjab from Afganistan and Egypt from Persia in Michael Daumen's "the great game" and would allow for the seperation of Persia from Judea and for the insertion of Urartu in Paul Cullivans "End of of the Bronze Age". These would be major improvements in scenario gameplay and historicity.

LOTM
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Don't put to much stock in nations having the same color so that means only 8 in the game. One of the biggest gripes of Civ II was that you could not play with two nations that had the same color. I would have to believe that Firaxis has solved this in some way, either by giving each nation a different color or allowing the player to choose a color for their civ. I just got to believe that we are not going to be forced to if we have the Chinese we cannot have the Americans problem again in Civ III.
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
        X