X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomatic Military Pact Concern

I have a concern about the following:

Lets say:

You are the Romans, allied with the Japanese. (which are being conquered) You send a Roman Legion over to the Japanese to assist with their battle.

Does the Legion:

1. Refuse to be sent
    2. Turns into a Samuri
    3. Turns into the unit equivelent to a Legion
    4. Keeps its form of a Legion, even though the Japanese can't construct them

How does this work out???
    Special units should not be allowed to be sent
    14.29%
    The unit should just turn into the standard equivellent
    28.57%
    The option should be handled another way
    57.14%
    Alex

i'd most like to see: u lend the japanese the legion, it turn's japanese, they use it, if it survives til the war is over it returns to it's origin civ.

one of the biggest reason the ally pact worked so bad in Civ II was that you had to get in to the war practically yourself, you couldn't just automate giving your ally military resources.

Comment

I don't know about the original civ 2, but in mge, you most certainly could send around 20 troops in one turn to your allies. (then one troop every next turn)

I hope they keep this option, because it was not in ctp2.
      Alex

Comment

i don't think that the special units should be given away, after all, it is your country's special circumstances (culture, history, etc) that allow you to build the special units. if you give the unit away, that country would have to have the same type of culture to be able to provide citizens to staff the unit. and if they can support the unit, what's to stop them from creating more just like it? at the very least the special unit should be transformed into a normal unit, but then why would you give away a special unit that undoubtably costs more to build than a regular one?

Comment

the mother civ will be the supporting one, the unit will just be controlled by the needing ally for a while.

Comment

h tower

a roman legion or a zulu impi don't cost any more than the swordmen or warrior that they replace, they just have some sort of special ability, like the zulu impi can move 2 squares instead of 1 for instance...but the zulus can't build normal warriors, just impis

Comment

I like to see it this way:

You send your unit. It stays the same way (it's just realistic: a legion is a legion and nothing else). The Japanese use this unit and control it, but cannot make them theirself. Like if they went into a hut and got an extra unit (as in civ2).
              Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
              If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
              "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

I hope they keep this option, because it was not in ctp2.
                The CTP series is not an expansion on the Civ series. They may be similiar but they're not one together. The only real (excluding MGE, ToT, SMAX because these are more less improvements to a certain game) expansions on the Civ series are Civ2, SMAC, and now Civ3.
                However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Yeah i know, but still......
                  Alex

Comment

Yeah i know, but still......
                    Yeah, it is a good question you brought up. I think if you recieve a civ-specific unit it should always work the same way as when you recieve a unit that you don't even have the tech. for. That civ-specific unit wouldn't enable you to ever build one yourself, though.
                    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins

Yeah, it is a good question you brought up. I think if you recieve a civ-specific unit it should always work the same way as when you recieve a unit that you don't even have the tech. for. That civ-specific unit wouldn't enable you to ever build one yourself, though.
                      Like what I said earlier.
                      Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
                      If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
                      "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

Like what I said earlier.
                        Sorry I didn't see your post.

Exactly like that, though.

Comment

Working...
                        X